Please Help with a Danelectro DC 59 (2007 RI) bridge adjustment

Meowy

• Members

My Dano has a metal bridge with 3 screws. There are 2 screws on the neck side and one on the other side that seems to counter the pivot of the other 2.

What is the best aproach to bridge adjustments in order to lower the action? The 2 screws are nearly all the way down, so with a masonite body I am concerned about overtightening and cracking the body. It also seems that the back screw is used only to adjust the angle of the strings over the saddles. I assume the back of the bridge should be slightly lower than the neck side.

Here is a stock photo of the guitar, if it helps anyone to picture what I am describing.

dc59.jpg

• Members

yup! just a small .5'' wide, 2'' long shim, i use 1 or 2 pieces of a playing card stacked on top of each other.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you... I can't tell you how great this worked.

I used 2 pieces of cards (prob could have used one) but I bumped up the saddles a hair

The strings were literally close to 1/4" above the fretboard. Now they are just a shade higher than ideal for me - but this is a $250 Dano so I am happy. This is the best I can do in a night to keep fret buzz away. Maybe I'll see if I can tweek it a bit more, but it is a differnt guitar now.

Did I say thank you? :thu:

Archived