Anyone here have an Italia?

tlbonehead

• Members
I saw a used Italia in a shop a little while back.

Quality seemed decent. Playability was good.

Pickups were totally meh. Dull and lifeless humbuckers.

It looked cool as hell, though.

Looking at the one with a piezo. And ya, that is the popular complaint. Very rolled back tones from the HBs.

• Members

Looking at the one with a piezo. And ya, that is the popular complaint. Very rolled back tones from the HBs.

This one didn't have a piezo.

I don't understand why anyone would voice humbuckers like these. With a decent functioning tone pot, you can get the rolled back tones. And if you don't roll off the tone, you have a bit of brightness to play with, you know? Why start without out some bright? Ah well. I digress.

Anyway, if you figure in the cost of replacement pups, you won't be disappointed. It was a nice playing guitar that was really a looker.

• Members
This one didn't have a piezo.

I don't understand why anyone would voice humbuckers like these. With a decent functioning tone pot, you can get the rolled back tones. And if you don't roll off the tone, you have a bit of brightness to play with, you know? Why start without out some bright? Ah well. I digress.

Anyway, if you figure in the cost of replacement pups, you won't be disappointed. It was a nice playing guitar that was really a looker.

thanks!

• Members

i have the italia modulo type 3. i got it cause it looked so gaudy, cool and totally over the top. the neck has this formaica type material. love the pickguard with 3 holes and it sounds great and plays well.

it has 2 single coils and a third p90 pickup

it's crazy man!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Italia-Modulo-Type-3-Electric-Guitar?sku=514436

• 11 years later...

Archived