AES (Audio Engineering Society) Official Show Report 2016

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KRK subwoofers.

KRK Rokits and V series monitors.

And that's it for this year folks. I hope you enjoyed the photos!
    Attached Files

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• Thanks for the shoutout!

Comment

• Phil,

Thanks for the thorough coverage for us who could not attend.

I say it all the time but I don`t see anything revolutionary. It looks like a lot of the same old to me... how many microphones do we need, how many guitars, how many hardware compressors, pre-amps, etc...??? The only thing really exciting me these days are the keyboards. The amount of retro gear making a come back is great to see. And of course, its not as exciting but plug ins are really sounding amazing these days so...

EB

Comment

• Originally posted by Ernest Buckley View Post
          Phil,

Thanks for the thorough coverage for us who could not attend.

I say it all the time but I don`t see anything revolutionary. It looks like a lot of the same old to me... how many microphones do we need, how many guitars, how many hardware compressors, pre-amps, etc...??? The only thing really exciting me these days are the keyboards. The amount of retro gear making a come back is great to see. And of course, its not as exciting but plug ins are really sounding amazing these days so...

EB
          You're welcome Ernest - and thanks for the kind words.

It's not just the same things and lack of revolutionary products IMO... it's the refinement of existing product types, and the increased availability. When I was getting started back in the 70s, being able to find (much less afford) some of those things you mentioned (a good condenser mic, compressor, mic preamp, etc. etc.) was difficult, but today you can find whatever you need, and often at very affordable prices.

Now we just need to start using it to make killer music.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• Ernest Buckley
            Ernest Buckley commented
            Editing a comment
            I don`t know... I have a mic from 1996 which still sounds pretty darn good to me... AT4050... and a SM57... my mic pres are from 1999. The only real improvements I have experienced in sound are convertors, plug ins, and analog synths. I understand its your job to get excited about new gear but I`m not really impressed...
        Working...
        X