Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a power cord do?

Must be real important.

https://www.thecableco.com/cables/po...wer-cable.html
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

The honest nature of a thing in itself cannot be denied. Each aspect of sound presents itself as simply there. Proper weight, absolute indivation, distinct massed harmonics, absolute definition at the edges of sound, utterly effortless dynamics, infinite headroom.
    Every worm, every insect, every animal is working
    for the ecological wellbeing of the planet.

Only we humans, who claim to be the most intelligent
    species here, are not doing that. ~Sadhguru

Comment

lol
      There's was on for 16,000 doeluhs. Can't find the page. One thing worries me though. one exploit said, if you have a pristine CERN grade transformer with quantum aligned caps, lamp cord will degrade the sound in a noticeable manner (my woids.)

Comment

I KNEW I shouldn't have bought those quantum aligned caps

Comment

Interesting thing about quantum caps; naturally if you don't know they're not ordinary caps, there is no audible difference. But if two people, one aware and one not, listen, they split the difference and become a source of light. But here's the interesting part. If either person is unaware of the phenomenon, then nothing happens.

Comment

Yeah, but it helps to have a quantum physique.
            Del
            www.thefullertons.net
            ( •)—:::
            Sent on my six-string jumbo ukelele

Comment

Only if you quantum the hot chicks.

Comment

Over $20k for a one meter IEC power cable?

I guess the audiophiles have to have that to go along with their specially-lacquered volume knobs that cost $485 and supposedly reduce "micro-vibrations" that somehow go through the pot shaft and enter the signal path...

I'd love to do some double-blind listening tests with a bunch of audiophiles sometime.

If I was dishonest, I just might try my hand at that kind of a racket - sell a few of those cables per year to unsuspecting audiophiles and you're all set. Some of those folks will believe almost ANYTHING, or so it would seem, and apparently they've got more money than good sense... and they'd have a heart attack if they saw some of the field-expedient things engineers used when recording some of their favorite records...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I remember on Audioholics or some such place, they covered an audio show and featured some hyper stereo vs a cellist. Recording vs the actual thing and even on the video transcript, the live playing stood far and above. Compared in that manner the midrange and downward detail of live is astonishing.

Comment

Even the very best recordings still pale in comparison to the sound of a live instrument in a good acoustical environment IMHO.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                      Even the very best recordings still pale in comparison to the sound of a live instrument in a good acoustical environment IMHO.
                      I wish us all good hearing and ears into the future. I would need a more pristine but experienced set, natural reverb and delay is sublime
                      sound altered by a few people walking by, random analog
                      micro shifts
                      Last edited by nice keetee; 05-28-2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nice keetee View Post

I wish us all good hearing and ears into the future.
                        Amen!

And the the best way to insure that is to take care of our ears and hearing now, while we still have it. Watch those SPL’s and your exposure time, and if you’re going to be exposed to high volume levels, whether you’re practicing, gigging, or just mowing the lawn or hammering nails, wear good hearing protection!

- George Carlin

Comment

It all starts with the best wood for acoustics and I still say Balderd Ash wins the argument hands down.
                          - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Comment

Working...
                          X