No announcement yet.

Kindness

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse me~Your Thread is very helpful
    I want to know what the use of the "three-bolt Micro-Tilt neck adjustment feature" on my 75's jazzbass reissue~Thanks

Comment

Excuse me~Your Thread is very helpful
      I want to know what the use of the "three-bolt Micro-Tilt neck adjustment feature" on my 75's jazzbass reissue~Thanks

The micro-tilt neck adjustment was a good way to avoid having to shim the neck to achieve a proper neck angle. With a micro-tilt all you have to do is loosen the bolts, adjust the tilt screw and tighten the neck bolts. However, there were other issues with the basses being made in that time period (70s) that impacted people's assessments of the quality of the three bolt design. Assuming proper execution, from a designer's perspective, the system is superior to the current standard four bolt configuration.
      HCBF Amp Build: Kindness's Links

More about me:
      Chicago Patent Attorney

Comment

Um...what happened to this thread? I go back to read it and now the first post is just

"..."

And nothing else. What happened? It's not over in the FAQ section either...unless I'm missing it.

EDIT: Ok, I found this on a DIFFERENT thread: "I was contacted by one of my instructors and he asked me to remove the threads. While clearly I was not compelled to do so, nor could have been, out of courtesy I did. In this context it is much more important to maintain professional courtesy than to assert my rights.

Anyone is welcome to ask me any question anytime and I will respond as well as I always have."

Remove instructions on how to set up a bass? I mean, it's not some super secret thing is it? You're instructor REALLY had you take something down like that? I believe you, just it's "unbelievable" that he would do that.

OK, since we're welcome to ask you any question: "Can please put back everything you wrote before on the first post?"

There, that's my question. Thanks.
        Goofball's mood for today:

How perfectly **************************** delightful it all is, to be sure..." -- Charles Crumb (1942-1994)

Comment

...It's in the FAQ section...And I have to thank Kindness also, I never knew how to "properly" set up my basses, Now I'm like adjusting them every other day.
          Modulus Mob Member #3
          MaxMaroon ...My stuff
          MaroonTube ...My Youtube Channel
          XXX tHE OwL ...original hiphop/rock
          Flock of Aholes ...80's Hits
          Modulus Genesis VJ w/Villex PU's
          Fender 62 reissue Jazz bass w/Lane Poor PU's
          Ernie Ball Stingray fretless
          Aguilar DB750
          Aguilar GS410
          Acme Low B4 II
          Ampeg B-15r
          ...Work Hard, Play Hard, Don't throw up^

Comment

...It's in the FAQ section...And I have to thank Kindness also, I never knew how to "properly" set up my basses, Now I'm like adjusting them every other day.

EERRR, or it WAS..I just looked and can't find it.
            Modulus Mob Member #3
            MaxMaroon ...My stuff
            Aguilar DB750
            Aguilar GS410
            Acme Low B4 II
            Ampeg B-15r

Comment

I'm looking at the FAQ section. Not seeing it. Is it hidden in another thread there?

Looking also at the "HCBF Rules & Guidelines, FAQ Summary => Read here first" and not seeing it.

All I see is "Setting up your bass easily" which isn't the Kindness thread.

How perfectly **************************** delightful it all is, to be sure..." -- Charles Crumb (1942-1994)

Comment

IIRC...he took it out for some reason. I think he'll send it in PDF form if you PM him though...

I might be completely wrong too...
                Modulus Mob #2

GK 2001 RB : Ampeg SVP-Pro : Ampeg SVP-CL : Crest CA4 : GB STL 900 : Mesa Walkabout
                Bag End S15D : Bag End S15XD : Aguilar GS112 (2)
                G&L ASAT : Sadowsky NYC PJ5 : Modulus Q5 : EBMM SR4 : Warwick Thumb 5 BO : Yamaha ATT-LTD II

bassgirl9's Wah ha ha! best post of the day award. 2/12/08

Comment

IIRC...he took it out for some reason. I think he'll send it in PDF form if you PM him though...

I might be completely wrong too...

Correct. He mentioned that he is working on (or at least planning) upgrades to both guides (set up and fret leveling) for 2008

Comment

Correct. He mentioned that he is working on (or at least planning) upgrades to both guides (set up and fret leveling) for 2008

NICE!
                    Modulus Mob Member #3
                    MaxMaroon ...My stuff
                    Aguilar DB750
                    Aguilar GS410
                    Acme Low B4 II
                    Ampeg B-15r

Comment

Oh, now that's cool.

I just had this bookmarked and went back today to read up on it and BAM it's just "..."

maybe a "coming back soon" or even a "suck it, noobs, you want your bass set up? send it and 100 bucks to ME and I'LL do it!" with some maniacal laughter thrown in would be nice.

Comment

Awesome!

I have a copy of the pdf guide but haven't gotten round to reading it yet.

Comment

Confirmed...well kinda....

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=25532124&postcount=31

Comment

Confirmed...well kinda....

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=25532124&postcount=31

Sweet...because I was kind of panicking when I couldn't find it.

Comment

It is an unbelievable reason to ask me to remove it. The information involved is not confidential, not protectable and is most useful when shared. My organization of the information (which is widely and freely available in many forms) is my intellectual property, which I choose to freely share. I removed the post at the time because I was in a course with him and didn't want to rock the boat and make it personally uncomfortable. It didn't work, as I had already lost respect for him and his teaching philosophy. The idea of restricting the use and application of information taught to students in a paid course is disgusting. Especially when I personally knew 99.5% of the information prior to the course and the other 0.5% of the information can be found immediately with a simple google search on guitar setup.

I will be preparing and posting a new and improved setup guide in the coming weeks.
                              HCBF Amp Build: Kindness's Links

More about me:
                              Chicago Patent Attorney

Comment

It is an unbelievable reason to ask me to remove it. The information involved is not confidential, not protectable and is most useful when shared. My organization of the information (which is widely and freely available in many forms) is my intellectual property, which I choose to freely share. I removed the post at the time because I was in a course with him and didn't want to rock the boat and make it personally uncomfortable. It didn't work, as I had already lost respect for him and his teaching philosophy. The idea of restricting the use and application of information taught to students in a paid course is disgusting. Especially when I personally knew 99.5% of the information prior to the course and the other 0.5% of the information can be found immediately with a simple google search on guitar setup.

I will be preparing and posting a new and improved setup guide in the coming weeks.

right on brutha - DAMN THE MAN!!!
                                http://www.guttermouthelectronics.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X