No announcement yet.

Universal Audio Plug-INs

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Audio Plug-INs

Looking @ installing the UAD-Solo DSP card in my new computer in order to run some of the UAD plug-ins.
    I came across their website while doing research for something else, and some of the stuff looks quite nice.

Anyone have experience with them?
    thank you I appreciate your input

Wow....I'm surprised UAD is stilling plug-ins if no one has ever bought or tried them. Perhaps the cost and pita of adding a DSP card scares folks away.

Comment

Lots of people use them, but not necessarily for the type of effects that traditionally get discussed in the Effects forums here; results would probably be different in the Recording area. I have an old UAD-1 PCI card with a handful of plug-ins, but all of them are "utility" types like channel strips, EQs and compressors. It also depends on where the need is greatest. For example, I like having a number of different EQ plug-ins available, and might use the same plug-in on a number of tracks, so having a dedicated card makes sense. But for something like a delay or phaser effect that is used infrequently, using a software-only plug-in is OK.

That's what I do, anyway. I think I have one or two UAD reverbs, but I have yet to use them.
      Originally Posted by Captain_howdy

^^ this guy just said "lard tsunami".

UNDER EDEN: The Science of Self-Defeat at CD Baby - / - Facebook - / - Official Website - / - My Blog: Extreme Metal Musician

Member of the Jackson/Charvel Army
      ----------------------------------
      Jackson Guitars - ART Preamps & EQs - Peavey & Carvin Amps - Rocktron, Tech 21 NYC & EHX Effects

Comment

Lots of people use them, but not necessarily for the type of effects that traditionally get discussed in the Effects forums here; results would probably be different in the Recording area. I have an old UAD-1 PCI card with a handful of plug-ins, but all of them are "utility" types like channel strips, EQs and compressors. It also depends on where the need is greatest. For example, I like having a number of different EQ plug-ins available, and might use the same plug-in on a number of tracks, so having a dedicated card makes sense. But for something like a delay or phaser effect that is used infrequently, using a software-only plug-in is OK.

That's what I do, anyway. I think I have one or two UAD reverbs, but I have yet to use them.

I have the UAD-Solo in a Mac Pro. First let me preface my remarks by saying I find most plugins uninspiring and also find that a lot of them sound very much alike. So for me to shell out $s for any plugin it's got to be different and do something very well. I have a few Waves plugs (Renn Bundle). But the one UAD plug that really inspires me is the Fairchild 670 Compressor. It rocks! On guitar it is just magical. It makes everything you use it on sound better.

I also am a big fan of the Waves GTR plugs. Some of the best amp sims available for guitar and at very reasonable prices! I mention these plugs because IMO we need to support the people that are creating usable plugs. Lot of garbage out there but there are some very good plugs too! The Rob Papen RP-Delay is another really good plugin. The reverse feature is especially great! Well worth the $69 I paid.

Thanx,
        Monte Allums
        Olive Branch, MS
        (901) 457-4630
        http://www.monteallums.com
        http://www.t-mods.com

Comment

I had 3 UAD-1 cards and now I have a UAD-2 Quad. I absolutely love them. I consider some of the plugins irreplaceable. Such as...

Marshall P. Deasy IV

Comment

I'm doing a Pro Review on their plug-ins and Satellite DSP farm. So far I've covered the Satellite and the Lexicon 224; I'm in the middle of reviewing the Studer A800 and am about to post some audio examples. Several people have mentioned the EMT so I'll be covering that, as well as the Massive Passive and several others.

UAD's stuff is really good in terms of nailing the analog sound, but there's more to it than that...check out the review, I think you'll find it really interesting. And because it's a pro review, people can ask questions, share their experiences, give comments, etc. UA has even chimed in with some breaking news
            The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!

Comment

the uad plug ins are some..of the best out there.i think you can find the best reverbs (emt and lexicon 224 emulations) and a great choice of eqs-dynamics..

Comment

Working...
              X