No announcement yet.

NoFX

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoFX

Id like to record my Dual Rec and GT6 thru my BR-1180 . How do I Turn off or bypass BR effects? The best I do now is select the cleanest preset,but even that is too much. Life was so much simpler with the Fostex tape 4 trk

Page 148 in the manual tells you how tom turn effects on and off. https://static.roland.com/assets/med...BR-1180_OM.pdf

That recorder shouldn't be adding effects when you're tracking. It should only record the raw signals coming from the inputs like most stand alone recorders do. They can be turned when playing back tracks when you're mixing. I don't know if you have to turn them off when you're starting a new project or whether they remain engaged until you turn them off but all of that should be in the manual.

Its difficult to use the higher functions in stand alone recorders without the manual in hand so I suggest you print a copy and keep it on hand.
    I'd think getting to know how those effects work would be an essential thing you'd want to memorize if you've done any kind of mixing at all on that unit.

Comment

My ditzy brother somehow deleted 10 yrs of original songs and ideas from my BR-1180. Is there any way of retrieving them?

Comment

Bo idea. Does that unit use a hard drive or on board memory? If its a hard drive you might be able to remove the drive and try to get its raw files off as a second drive connected to a computer. If it uses SS memory, I's say its gone for sure.

You should never leave that much info on a stand alone unit. Even with my computer DAW I make copies on multiple drives and multiple computers. I have a stack of hard drives with over 40 years of recordings numbering at maybe 50~8,000 digital recordings? I have just as many recorded on tape too. I'm getting to the age where I been distributing my works to my sons and family so they have copies of all that work. I hate to see it all lost when I finally kick off.

Comment

Originally posted by WRGKMC View Post
          Page 148 in the manual tells you how tom turn effects on and off. https://static.roland.com/assets/med...BR-1180_OM.pdf

That recorder shouldn't be adding effects when you're tracking. It should only record the raw signals coming from the inputs like most stand alone recorders do. They can be turned when playing back tracks when you're mixing. I don't know if you have to turn them off when you're starting a new project or whether they remain engaged until you turn them off but all of that should be in the manual.

Its difficult to use the higher functions in stand alone recorders without the manual in hand so I suggest you print a copy and keep it on hand.
          I'd think getting to know how those effects work would be an essential thing you'd want to memorize if you've done any kind of mixing at all on that unit.
          By default, the BR-1180 records the insert effects.

To turn the effects off press the Effects key twice.
          Every worm, every insect, every animal is working
          for the ecological wellbeing of the planet.

Only we humans, who claim to be the most intelligent
          species here, are not doing that. ~Sadhguru

Comment

Working...
          X