No announcement yet.

Anyone tried Sontronics STC-3x?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried Sontronics STC-3x?

I´v tried searching, but couldn´t find anytihing on this one.
    Does anyone have any experience with Sontronics STC-3x?
    How does it compare to Røde nt2-a?

I´m in the marked for two cheapish multipattern LDCs to use as a stereopair for drum overhead, acoustic guitars, vocals etc.

When you cant find allot of info on a piece of gear its usually because its isnt popular. It may not be popular because its not a good piece of gear or its just unknown (Or both)

I did a quick google and that company seems to be more popular in Britain. I dont claim to be an expert on all the latest products but I do allot of reading none the less. I've never heard of that company before over here in the US.

They may be good, but for the price they want I could easily buy well known and well supported products that have long history of working well. I dont have the time or money to waste on unknown products i know little about other than the spec sheets that look exactly the same as hundres of other mics in its class. 

I found one review of a studio using them but its hard to know if that reviewer really found the product as good as he said it was or weather someone gave it to him as a gift in return for the advertising. It could be his first mic and he gas no experience with others as far as I know.

Comment

• Zooey
      Zooey commented
      Editing a comment

I've read good things about Sontronics (mostly in Sound on Sound) but have never tried one.

I recommend asking your question at a forum with more traffic like Gearslutz. 

• fruit&herb man
      fruit&herb man commented
      Editing a comment

That was my tought as well, but alot of their other mics get great reviews, so I go a bit curious. But can´t find anything on this peticular mic.

Working...
X