Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

recording connections......does it seem legit?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ermghoti your the one bumping with your little tirades.

Comment

• I'll keep bumping until you are banned for your multiple accounts, or until a reasonable explanation is provided for why you have them. No sense letting a n00b show up and think either you or RC are legitimate.
      Tauntr.com - Adding Insult to Everything!Neck Pocket Cavern Surveyor for the Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You club!"In all fairness, Les Pauls have a switch position labeled "Rhythm", while Strats do not, because they are lead guitars for lead guitarists." -Flatspotter

Comment

• Come on guys, why dont you take your squabble over to guitar jam where the kiddies play. This forum is for adults. I know I'm tired of seeing this beat to death advertisement thread being bumped every day as much as everyone else is. Having two guys bicker back and forth is bad for the neighborhood.

Comment

• Come on guys, why dont you take your squabble over to guitar jam where the kiddies play. This forum is for adults. I know I'm tired of seeing this beat to death advertisement thread being bumped every day as much as everyone else is. Having two guys bicker back and forth is bad for the neighborhood.

Agreed - time to let this one go...

MG
          "Thank You, NASA!"

Comment

• How is the Hip Hop program at 'Recording Connection' anyone gone to this course?

Please let me know.

Comment

• Ok, here's the scoop, from someone who jumped through the hoops. Is the Recording Connection a scam? Yes, and no. While they will place you in a commercial recording studio, each person's experience will not be the same. Some of the mentors are very good, and will try to teach you. Others will just use you to clean and run errands. While, a student has the option of asking to be placed with a new mentor, there's no guarantee that they'll be any different than the first. The full cost of tuition as of this post is $8800. If you get student aid, or make payments, you'll pay a finance charge of 11.99%. In the Admission agreement the student signs, the school allots itself, and the mentor, every protection. But, there's almost no consumer protection provided to the student, and multiple stipulations that will deny a student any refund. In the end, the real question is whether or not their degree program teaches a student everything they need to know to be a qualified, audio engineer, and whether the student will be able to get a paying job, upon it's completion. The answer is a resounding NO. It is less of a degree, than a certification in ProTools. And, some mentors don't use PT. Basically, the curriculum provided to the mentor by the school is mostly an introduction to recording. Essentially, no 6 month program can teach someone the art of mixing. There's no formula. It takes years of developing one's musical sensibilities, and skill at critical listening. Teaching someone to mix and dial in outboard gear, is like teaching someone to play guitar; i.e. it's less about what the teacher knows, and is mostly dependent on the student's musical knowledge and exposure to the recording process. It takes years to develop. 6 months is hardly adequate time to learn all that is required to be a competent engineer. Will the Recording Connection help a student find work, once they've completed the program, and earned the degree? No. Commercial studios don't care about degrees. Even a degree from a reputable university or trade school is little help in landing a paying job in a studio. An aspiring engineer MUST spend years working for free as an intern, cleaning up and doing the dirty work, before they'll have the necessary knowledge of recording, and the trust of the studio's owners, to be offered a paying position, even as an assistant engineer.

Comment

• Not this again. I think anyone who reads this thread will agree its better to get a formal education in college or certified trade school where you graduate with a degree that's is honored and recognized by employers as that person having met minimal standards in a field and can be used to secure employment throughout the rest of your life.

Vocational education is highly questionable especially when their employees resort to spamming forums to drum up business. Professional institutions "never" have their employees do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolaid007 View Post
                  Ok, here's the scoop, from someone who jumped through the hoops...
                  So koolaid, how did you Pro Tools tutelage turn out?

Comment

• bazmo
                    bazmo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hope you got found your answer Randy. I went to RC in 2016 and gotta say it's what you make it. Yes there teachers/mentors that aren't great but mine Donny Baker at ES Audio was super knowledgable. Worth it for me. I interviewed with 2 different mentors and held out for someone I thought I could learn a lot from. Donny was that guy for me. The sales person I dealt with when I first started calling RC was pretty pushy and wanted me to sign with the first guy I interviewed with but then I told him I would seriously be sticking it out and waiting for the teacher for me. I've met other grads and they all agree it is what you make of it. I think it's way better than going to some JC somewhere, sitting in class. It's not as cheap as it used to be but still way more than you'll get at JC. So, I say interview wisely. Don't give into pressure to sign up with the first engineer you interview with and then do all the lessons, all the work, and come in over and over again, as much as they'll let you. They won't push you to come in aside from your lesson days but I learned way more by sitting in on sessions and just being in the room.

• Originally posted by Randy G View Post

So koolaid, how did you Pro Tools tutelage turn out?
                  Just so you know, that post you're responding to is a few years old, and it was their only post - you may not get a reply.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                  - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                  - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                  - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
                  X