Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

recording connections......does it seem legit?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording connections......does it seem legit?

There's a site called recording conections where they supposedly hook u up to work in a studio in your area all for free............
    Has anyone tried it? They ask u phone them and leave your adress to send u a free dvd on how to get started.......
    Is this some type of scam?
    www.recordingconnection.com

could be a scam or could be legit. but either way, are you too lazy to call the studios yourself and see if they need someone?
    "When I say be skeptical of everything I mean it. Just because someone was elected to do a job doesn't mean that person has any idea of what they're doing."- Sen. Bob Kerry

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." --Hunter S. Thompson

"Never rock the mic with the pantyhose"-MCA

Comment

lol man, good point!

Should i just phone different studio's in my area and say: Hi i'm calling to see if you could use a free intern working at your studio?

Is that the best way to ask?

Anything more you would suggest?

Thanks

Comment

silver_shake, the program is not free. You pay tuition - part of which goes to the one-on-one mentor who trains you.

A prgram like that could work fine, but you'd be paying to work in someone's studio. Like these guys said, you could also pick up the phone and get yourself into a studio.

If someone who's looking to get into a career in recording can't even get their foot into the door of a studio, they're not built for the industry anyway.

Here's an article, Some Thoughts on Audio Engineering as a Career: A Good Hard Look
        Dan Richards
        Pro Studio Reviews

Comment

recording connection was one place I was considering a couple about a month ago and called them up (thinking I would get to hear some credentials or about their program) but got a recording.... had to leave my name and junk then someone called to give me another number and wouldn't let me discuss anything about the program.....

Called the second number and its another recording telling you some inflated bull**************** about how you can be the NEXT big time whatever but if you dont have the cash ($5700 or 6700) to just hang up!

I think this place is total BS and is just trying to make a quick buck ....and **************** if I had that money up front I'd buy me a studio setup I can learn off of myself better than paying someone 6-7K to be their studio bitch.

Ehh just my opinion

Ry

Comment

Originally posted by AreJayBee
            recording connection was one place I was considering a couple about a month ago and called them up (thinking I would get to hear some credentials or about their program) but got a recording.... had to leave my name and junk then someone called to give me another number and wouldn't let me discuss anything about the program.....

Called the second number and its another recording telling you some inflated bull**************** about how you can be the NEXT big time whatever but if you dont have the cash ($5700 or 6700) to just hang up!

I think this place is total BS and is just trying to make a quick buck ....and **************** if I had that money up front I'd buy me a studio setup I can learn off of myself better than paying someone 6-7K to be their studio bitch.

Ehh just my opinion

Ry

Scam. For that kind of money, you can go to a community college and get an assocaites degree.

-Dan.
            Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Thank you all!

Comment

I have participated in this Recording Connection, so let me tell you more about it. First of all, it is NOT a scam. Its also less than you are quoting, Its only $4000 if you can pay it all up front. And then its 5 or 6k if you have to do it by monthly payments. Yeah this is more expensive than a community college, but please... you dont learn anything at a community college in the music business. I've had friends go to Columbia music school, which is WAY more than $6000 and in the end, he was no better off than he was when he started cuz he still didnt have any experience yet. He learnt basic recording concepts, but he still needs to intern before he can get a job. With Recording Connection, you intern while you are learning. A school shows you the path to the door but doesnt help you get in. Recording Connection gets you through the door and beyond. So it is good if you put the effort into it and can justifiy that relatively small investment.

Now of course, if you can find an internship on your own, then go for it. But the studio I was interning at wouldnt consider any interns unless they were through Recording Connection. So thats something to think about. But basically, dont go to school if you are serious about a carrer in music (unless you are concerned with the law or business aspect of it). And if you cant get an internship on your own, Recording Connection is a great alternative. The reason they have all those recorded messages at first is to weed out the less serious. The whole phone call process is a bunch of steps towards getting accepted leading up to actual interviews with potential studios.

Comment

i am skeptical

Comment

With Recording Connection, you intern while you are learning.

Most regular colleges have internship programs so students can earn credit for work experience. I know that my community college does.

-Dan.
                      Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.

Comment

Community Colleges don

Comment

I have participated in this Recording Connection, so let me tell you more about it. First of all, it is NOT a scam. Its also less than you are quoting, Its only $4000 if you can pay it all up front. And then its 5 or 6k if you have to do it by monthly payments. Yeah this is more expensive than a community college, but please... you dont learn anything at a community college in the music business. I've had friends go to Columbia music school, which is WAY more than $6000 and in the end, he was no better off than he was when he started cuz he still didnt have any experience yet. He learnt basic recording concepts, but he still needs to intern before he can get a job. With Recording Connection, you intern while you are learning. A school shows you the path to the door but doesnt help you get in. Recording Connection gets you through the door and beyond. So it is good if you put the effort into it and can justifiy that relatively small investment.

Now of course, if you can find an internship on your own, then go for it. But the studio I was interning at wouldnt consider any interns unless they were through Recording Connection. So thats something to think about. But basically, dont go to school if you are serious about a carrer in music (unless you are concerned with the law or business aspect of it). And if you cant get an internship on your own, Recording Connection is a great alternative. The reason they have all those recorded messages at first is to weed out the less serious. The whole phone call process is a bunch of steps towards getting accepted leading up to actual interviews with potential studios.

And what are you doing now? Are you engineering for a living?

When your internship was over, what happened? Did the studio offer you a chance to stay on, even as a freelancer?

I think everyone here will be interested in your response.

MG
                          "Thank You, NASA!"

Comment

Community Colleges don
                            "Thank You, NASA!"

Comment

My name is Tim, and contrary to all the general badmouthing and misinformation I have been reading on threads I'm going to stand up and say with all honesty that my entire experience with recording connection has been very positive. Yeah maybe if you are lucky you can find a studio that will take you straight from the street, if you do, all I can say is congrats. But studios are getting more savvy, they want some one who can get working and making them money straight away, not 2 years down the road. If recording connections can get you into a proper studio and have you learn by using their gear whats the problem. The only problem I see is people trashing them without getting all the facts and actually visiting their website. Look before you trash is all I ask.

Comment

• Working...
                                X