No announcement yet.

using a poorly recorded file/loop

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using a poorly recorded file/loop

I have this .wav loop that I want to use in a recording but it wasnt recorded very well, and therefore there is lots of noise when turned up and pretty muddy overall. I'm new to recording so is there anyway I can make it sound better in the mix without it adding all sorts of noise? or is it like polishing a turd? unfortunately it would be very hard to try and recreate this loop...

btw, I use Cubase SX 3.

I'm new to recording so is there anyway I can make it sound better in the mix without it adding all sorts of noise? or is it like polishing a turd?

Yes, this would be officially known as turd polishing.

If your sample simply had some buzz, hiss or other noise like that then you might be able to take care of it with the noise reduction in Adobe Audition or Cool Edit Pro. Muddy might actually be a bigger problem, it really depends what is wrong with it exactly and just how bad it is to start out with. Eq or a number of other things might improve it.

If it's just a loop then you should post it somewhere without reducing it's resolution (no MP3) so it can be downloaded and worked on. If it is fixable somebody here might help you out, hell I might even give it a couple of minutes if it seems like it could actually be improved.

Comment

I would as well.
      www.nerolstudio.com

Comment

great, thanks guys... I dont expect any miracles at all in relation to sound quality, but if any of the noise/hiss can tuned out that would be great...

link to .wav file

http://www.mediafire.com/?xut9dkjngnj

Comment

Working...
        X