Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone record with antique digital gear?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone record with antique digital gear?

I got a great deal on a couple of Digidesign 442s and their appropriate Nubus cards for my Quadra 700. Yeah, a quadra. 700.

The seller was kind enough to include the disks for Pro Tools 3.2 for it, not the free version, but the actual software that they bought with the 442s.

I have it hooked up to my quadra, and I've actually recorded with it, nothing much, just me screaming 'Test! Test!' into a mic, and it actually recorded it. I was shocked.

If I recall, these things can record at 24 bit, 44.1kHz, so it should be CD quality... And supposedly the quadra can handle 8 tracks, so I'm figuring why not keep this around for a little bit? I'd like to record my friend with this, he'll get a kick out of it, with it being old and all...

Anyway, I do have a problem with my system:

On my Quadra 700, that has 2 nubus slots, I installed both protools cards that have the 50 pin out and hooked both of those up to a 442. The computer can see both 442s because I can recalibrate both 442s. However, in the ProTools program, I can only record from the first 442. I go into the Hardware menu from Pro Tools, and it'll only see 1 442. I can select the 'slot' pull down menu, but only the first 442 shows. What's the fix for this?

Cheers!
    Originally Posted by Exdeath

hey eat dicks motley crue is awesome ok

I AM BUYING BOSS DS-1s Help me build a 10-pedal, all-DS1 pedal board. Paypal... um.. paid. I know you've got a DS-1 behind that 5-foot bong you brought back from vacation, sell it to me. Looking around $25 per.
Working...
X