Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody using a Zoom G2.1u for direct recording?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody using a Zoom G2.1u for direct recording?

I do wanna get a POD x3 eventually, but until I can get one I have the following problem still:

I have been using My Zoom G2.1u for direct recording, and I am having a hard time getting a good Metal rhythm sound.

Anybody have some advice?
    my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

check out my EP 'Sonic Sketches'

I've used a G2.1u for direct recording, although not through the usb port. I run a 1/4'' guitar cable from the Zoom directly into an Mbox/ProTools LE rig. Were you asking about recording from the usb port or analog?

I've gotten some great sounds out of mine, however not metal rhythm sounds. Mostly clean rhythm and soaring Santana-type leads. Sometimes I'll first run the signal through my Mesa Boogie V-Twin pre-amp pedal to add some tube mojo. But the Zoom by itself sounds surprisingly good.

Comment

I've used a G2.1u for direct recording, although not through the usb port. I run a 1/4'' guitar cable from the Zoom directly into an Mbox/ProTools LE rig. Were you asking about recording from the usb port or analog?

I've gotten some great sounds out of mine, however not metal rhythm sounds. Mostly clean rhythm and soaring Santana-type leads. Sometimes I'll first run the signal through my Mesa Boogie V-Twin pre-amp pedal to add some tube mojo. But the Zoom by itself sounds surprisingly good.

Thanks for your reply !

I have been using it via USB.
      Yes, I also got some nice lead sounds and good cleans, but getting a good Metal sound is what I am having lots of trouble with.

What's the benefit of not using the USB?
      I think I need to use it since I don't have a good soundcard (just the standard one that came with the PC).

Do you use the Zoom's cab&mic emulation for direct recording?
      If yes, what settigns are you using?
      Do you add any boosting from the Zoom in bukt booster? Or any EQ-ing advice?
      my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

check out my EP 'Sonic Sketches'

Comment

Working...
      X