No announcement yet.

Anyone use SPDIF?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use SPDIF?

I was looking for interfaces to expand the 4 recording channels I currently use, and I thought of finding a preamp device to use with my Saffire Pro 24 SPDIF connections, but it's cheaper just to get a new interface. SPDIF is on many devices, but I was wondering if anyone uses it? I have ADAT in on the Pro 24, which may be preferable to SPDIF... are there any used inexpensive SPDIF preamps to hook up to the Pro 24? I just don't see it mentioned much and wonder why mfgrs still put it on their equipment? it's a cheap add-in to mfg instead of adding a few more inputs? i know it's more popular in the UK...
    Maarkr HW: Privia PX-5S, Casio XW-P1, Juno-G, Lucina... Epi Les Paul, Schecter C-1, Peavey Valve King 112, Mesa Boogie 2x12, Ovation Celebrity, Ibanez Gio Bass... Alesis D5 EDrums, Yamaha HS-80s w sub, Saffire Pro 24 thru Mackie Big Knob; Live: EV ZLX12P, Behringer B315D, Peavey PV118D, Roland KC550, Zoom R-16... SW: Reason 6, Sonar Platinum, Reaper, Acid, IKMultimedia , UAD1...

Art DPSII. Will give you 2 channels to SPDIF.

Not bad for the price.

If you go ADAT a lot of people go with the Behringer AD8000 (8 channels)
    Tim O'Brien

Comment

I use the SPDIF output on my Saffire pro 40 for my VRM box. I'm planning to get an ART MPA digital at some point, but I won't need extra inputs for a while.

Comment

I'm using a L6 toneport UX2.

But I'm also using a Digimax D8. The D8's pres are considerably better than the UX2s. In fact, I'm really considering dumping the UX2.
        www.nerolstudio.com

Comment

Working...
        X