Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for suggestions for brands of Nylon String Guitars for teaching 4th & 5th graders

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for suggestions for brands of Nylon String Guitars for teaching 4th & 5th graders

My daughters school has guitar club after school. They have a handful of really beat up rickety guitars. I want to buy a few guitars on ebay or craigslist or whatever to donate to the school. The teachers only request was that they be nylon string. I have a limited budget. My main concern is that they guitars have tuners that will stay tuned within reasonable expectations. Can you recommend brands where there low end models will still be of functional quality. I was thinking Fender, Takamine, Yamaha, Cordoba and Hohner might be ok and I am seeing those pop up pretty regularly in the $70-$110 range. The teacher also said 1/2 and 3/4 sized guitars would be desirable as well. Any and all thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha/...ical-Guitar.gc

The link is just a web-grab of a reputable brand that's been in the business for many years at the budget level with good quality. It meets your size and budget preferences. I would also get a full size (instructor's) guitar with electronics to incentivize the students, like the dangling carrot.

GC has an affiliate called Music & Arts that deals in student grade instruments. You might contact them and ask if they would enter into a guitar rental agreement with the school (assuming you are Stateside).
    - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Comment

I'd stick with Yamaha through their closest retailer, so they can get service/extras in future. Yamaha are amazing bang for buck in every price bracket.

Comment

I don't know if they are available in the US but here in the UK there is a brand of student guitars called "Jose Ferrer". Very reasonably priced but nevertheless well made.They also come in 1/2 to 4/4 sizes.
        Howard

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: power attracts pathological personalities." (Frank Herbert)

Comment

Here's the cheapest full size at Musiciansfriend. I don't know anything about them. You're on your own.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acou...-guitars/lyons

https://www.guitarfella.com/lyons-cl...guitar-review/

Amazon has half size guitars for under a hundred as well
          Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Working...
          X