VOM1T June 2019

garthman

• Members

Cool tune, Etienne. The counter-point picked perspective idea is intriguing. Not saying I'd be any good at it but I thought about what and where as it was playing out. Anyway, thanks for the tune and idea. Gotta get back to trenching the front of my house for a French drain.

This is a little melancholy for Father's Day. It's a draft of a song I didn't develop any further. I guess because I don't get in that kind of mood often.

https://app.box.com/s/zui1afe242tecnbn3zhv5yfgze7f46gc

• Members

Etienne Rambert - Very well done. As with most of your compositions it whispers "soundtrack." Good as is but I can see why you'd want a flatpicker in the mix.

Idunno - I enjoyed that a lot. Reminiscent of "Cats in the Cradle" and "It Was a Very Good Year," among others. Melancholy yet hopeful.

• Members

Idunno: I liked it. Your finger-style was spot-on. Lyrics were well-worth listening to also. Wish you or Deep-End would help me out w/ some lyrics for my offering this month.

(yes. My music is often sound-trackish. I always care about orchestration. I’ve never cared a fig about guitar solos or piano solos. I gigged in acoustic duets/trios & house bands many years though. I have that background.

Mostly - my music involves orchestrations w/ acoustic guitars. I get my rocks off on foreign film scores, Pop instrumentals & old TV show themes. Always have. Next month I may have a solo acoustic comp though. I hope to have an acoustic novelty song w/ a female singer coming up soon too.)

DeepEnd: I liked it but not as much as I like some of your country songs.

Archived