Destroyed EVO Frets-Go to Electric Guitar section to find the active thread.

jjang1993

• Members
I reread above several times. I saw no valid excuse for not going with stainless.

I see one very valid excuse. If his tech charges charges $770 for a Nickle Silver (which is about three times the normal going rate) and $330 to crown and dress the frets that are on it (roughly ten times the going rate) then he probably would charge a boat load for SS. He must be trying to amortize that Plek as quickly as possible.

• Members

Meh, I'd take off the fret wires, braze-repair them with some silver solder wire, rough them out, then reinstall, file and crown them. Not talking but a few wires. I do a lot of silver soldering and it takes less time than removing a wire from the board. Brazing flux, silver solder wire and a mini torch. Harbor Freight has the torch for $15.00 (butane) and McMaster-Carr carries the flux and solder.

• Members

Ok, everyone who is here, follow DeepEnd's lead, the meat of this topic is found in the electric guitars section. In the future I'll make one post. I've owned and currently own one guitar consistently for the last decade, an Epiphone Emperor Regent, if I had multiple guitars, I'd probably have my head both the acoustic and electric forums.

• Members

I, for one, don't mind you cross posting. The more opinions the merrier and a number of folks only post here in Acoustic Guitars and not in both. If anyone wants to follow the OP's other thread you can find it here: https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-41/32479232-evo-gold-frets-are-destroyed-re-fret-with-other-frets-or-fret-dress.

Archived