Acoustic guitar effects?

billperz

• Members

While I've sampled the choices of FX available on a Fender Acoustasonic SFX amp I had, the only one that worked for me was a small % of reverb. Chorus is also interesting but has a very limited application.

When I used to record to a DAW I'd go in dry and then season to taste. When I started by-passing the DAW I'd record using a small % of reverb available on the amp to record into a Zoom H4, render it to mp3 on the H4 and then upload it from there.

It comes down to the guitar. If yours resonates and projects well, technique can control them. But, if it doesn't have those qualities no manner of technique can impart them. The guitar I have now does not need any FX to enhance it. I use a touch of reverb on the vocals only.

• Members

I just like the effect of the sound of an acoustic guitar. It with electric that dress things up. But lots of people like a dash of reverb, and graphic equalizers have a big acoustic following. Neither really colors the guitar's sound.

• Members

The acoustic guitar is weird for effects.

I use the Fishman Spectra DI, and the Reverb on the older loudbox performer, or the old Fishman Solo amp, it might even have chorus on it, but I'm not a fan of chorus that much. Delay same deal.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"ed4wogfk3azdt4ujayes.jpg","data-attachmentid":32432424}[/ATTACH]

I have a couple of Loopers and tried to get into looping at one time. I have RC 20, it is what it is.

I also have a Boomerang II, which is fun.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"theRang_large.jpg","data-attachmentid":32432425}[/ATTACH]

One might like some compression, depending on how hard they strum. Might smooth things out a bit.

KT Tunstall. One thing about looping is you really become great with your timing. If you have time.

[video=youtube;liOOHp61nZE]

Archived