HC Acoustic Guitar Classifieds

Idunno

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi all ,

today I bought a used Alvarez Wildwood 5037 . It had no paperwork and only a serial number not a model number . It sounds amazing tho . I’m new to 12 strings and have not played a 6 since college. The guy who sold it to me was so nice as to tune it before selling it . Should I be worried about the missing information? It’s so beautiful 😍 it did say the sides were changed . Could that be a reason ?

Thank Everyone !

Danielle

• Members
Hi all ,

today I bought a used Alvarez Wildwood 5037 . It had no paperwork and only a serial number not a model number . It sounds amazing tho . I’m new to 12 strings and have not played a 6 since college. The guy who sold it to me was so nice as to tune it before selling it . Should I be worried about the missing information? It’s so beautiful 😍 it did say the sides were changed . Could that be a reason ?

Thank Everyone !

Danielle

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new 12-string! You really need to post this query as a new thread, not as a reply to an old one. That way more people can give you input and feedback on your purchase and perhaps alleviate any concerns you may have. Meanwhile, enjoy playing your new guitar!

• Members
Hi all ,

Thank Everyone !

Danielle

Welcome to the Forum, I think. Assuming you're not a bot, your Alvarez should have both a serial and model number. Of course, if you weren't a bot you probably wouldn't have posted in this thread but let's give you the benefit of the doubt. A missing model number would concern me. The missing paperwork isn't an issue since the guitar is probably 20-30 years old. I have no idea what "the sides were changed" means. Was the guitar refinished? Repaired?

Archived