Male and Female In-Game: What are the differences?

davidspen

• Members

Nowadays, the primary consumers of game developers in the world are not just boys. The gaming world now is welcoming gamers of all genders and gaming styles aged 10 to 65 years old. Especially, the online gaming community is increasingly growing in huge numbers. Of course, male and female players differ in various features and aspects that reflect clearly in the way they are in-game.

Discovering those differences are important to the game businesses to get access to the gaming world. Male and female are also the core gamers and customers that are affecting the success of the game industry. So, let’s come to the best part. Zoom in on the key differences. What are they?

1. Ages

(

Men cover the majority of players.

As estimated, about 46% of players in 13 countries in the world are women and girls. Meanwhile, men cover the majority of players with 20% of people at the age of 21 to 35. As we can see, the gap in the number of gamers between the two genders is quite narrow. Gamers who are under or even over 35 years old find games through their list of friends.

2. Platforms

The popularity of distinctive platforms also differs among genders. In terms of mobile games, men cover 52% of the total number of players which is slightly higher than the number of women playing games. As we can see, games on mobile are equally popular among the two genders. For PC and console games, males play about 48% & 37% while females only play about 35% and 23%. However, the popularity of platforms in order is mobile, PC, and console regardless of gender.

To be honest, these figures show the truth why mobile-specific factors including app stores with the attendance of women are much higher than that of PC or console games. The choice of platform types helps shape the exploring route that players find a game.

3. How two genders discover games

Clear differences can be drawn on how men and women explore/reach games. Female gamers do it thanks to the social circles. As estimated, about 39% of gaming women discover a game through their friends or family members, while 20% is via social networks. Meanwhile, only 27% of men reach games through their social circle, 26% of them find the game through titles’ reviews on game site. And, 24% find their destiny via online video game channels.

The differences can be seen clearly.

As we see, females enjoy the feeling of discovery route in exploring their favorite games while women are more inactive in exploration. However, in the diversity of wonderful gameland, there are tons of awesome spam games that spammers play. Therefore, both genders still can have a fun time to play games together.

4. Gaming Genres

Both men and women love playing games in their free time; therefore, their gaming habits are also blended with differences and similarities. Generally, they also list down similar game types as their favorite types such as strategy games. This game genre is on the top games to play on all platforms. Additionally, some top played franchises are also the same such as Candy Crush Saga for mobile games, Call of Duty for consoles, and eventually, World of Warcraft for PC.

There are hundreds of game types to choose.

However, we can see the similarities in terms of their game preferences between male and female gamers. Of all mentioned platforms, sports, strategy, shooter, and action adventure categories are favoured by men.

In comparison, broader game genres are enjoyed by women such as simulation, puzzle, and arcade games. About 48% of gaming women choose puzzles to be their top picks. The diversity and differences are quite notable in the gaming world. Almost mobile gamers recognize the attraction of this game genres whatever the genders they are. Wanting to discover more games genres? Let’s try these amazing ways to spam...

5. Women play & men pay

Men cover about 70% of the total number of gamers. We can see them as core gamers who highly appreciate the importance of gaming in their life. They really enjoy playing in their free time, recognize gaming as their hobby. As examined, they can continuously play their favourites for over 5 days a week. Actually, women play mobile games more than men. For PC and console gaming, men lead 5% higher than women.

Their spending habits are also reflected in gaming. Men spend more than women in games, especially on PC games. 57% of male gamers are paying their money for their professional keyboard, gaming mouse, headset, and controller. Though the investment between men and women in gaming devices is not a big gap, we still have to accept the fact that women prefer playing free online games. In comparison, men are more likely to pay all they have on their favorite paid video games.

This may be defined by genders or the gaming market trends. Male gamers tend to fall into a game advertised on online advertisement or TV. This result will indicate the greater marketing campaigns of game developers in the world toward a specific gender for their products. Surprisingly, about 9% of female gamers watch e-Sports for over 15 hours weekly while men only cover about 6%. That’s why marketers make use of their discovery to develop their significant value toward all the growing gaming sectors.

We sure both genders enjoy playing games.

The bottom line

The differences between women and men in gaming can be defined by various factors such as their favoured platforms, self-identification, spending habits, and many more. The game developers take advantages of these examinations to inspire their incoming products which suit the social needs. Games now gain the achievement is not just successful multiplayer games, shooting or adventure genres. Gamers today can shape their own gaming world by picking their favorites. Let’s give an open arm to all of the brand new products, » check out more here: (spam link deleted by Phil)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What kind of guitar do you want to trade him for?

Wish I could get a deal like that!

Seriously though---first, welcome to the forum.

Need more info. How old is your son? Is he a beginner? What kind of music does he like? Has he voiced any preferences? What's your budget?

Always willing to help young'uns get started.

• Members

Hello and welcome. Given that you're at an acoustic guitar forum I take it you want an acoustic guitar for your son, right? Without anything else to go on I'd advise you to look at Yamaha guitars. They offer quality instruments in a wide variety of styles and price ranges. Yamaha FG700S is an excellent beginner guitar that is very reasonably priced.

• Members
Hello and welcome. Given that you're at an acoustic guitar forum I take it you want an acoustic guitar for your son' date=' right? Without anything else to go on I'd advise you to look at Yamaha guitars. They offer quality instruments in a wide variety of styles and price ranges. Yamaha FG700S is an excellent beginner guitar that is very reasonably priced.[/quote']

Well, well! Welcome back - good to see you.

And yes - Yamaha guitars are very hard to beat.

• Members

Well, well! Welcome back - good to see you.

And yes - Yamaha guitars are very hard to beat.

Hi Luv, good to be back, provided things don't get too boring again. Meanwhile, Yammie guitars are great and this thread is not. The OP is probably a troll, wanting us to reply but not taking part. Dude can get lost for all I care now. LOL

• Members
. . .. Hi Luv' date=' good to be back, provided things don't get too boring again. . . . . . [/quote']

Well, I'm not going to say that things are often lively here . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:facepalm:

. . . . Meanwhile' date=' Yammie guitars are great and this thread is not. The OP is probably a troll, wanting us to reply but not taking part. Dude can get lost for all I care now. LOL . . . [/quote']

Life's rich pageant continues willy-nilly, eh?

• Members
. . . The OP is probably a troll' date=' wanting us to reply but not taking part. . . . LOL[/quote']

Some of my best friends are trolls.

David, IF you're looking for a (1) new (2) acoustic (3) budget instrument and (4) favor products that aren't from across the Pacific, check out Godin's brands, especially Art & Luthier and Seagull. Terrific guitars for the money.

But it's pretty subjective. For instance, I've never played a Yamaha I liked, but I guess they're out there somewhere.

• Members
Hi Luv' date=' good to be back, provided things don't get too boring again. Meanwhile, Yammie guitars are great and this thread is not. The OP is probably a troll, wanting us to reply but not taking part. Dude can get lost for all I care now. LOL[/quote']

Doesn't fit the definition:

An Internet troll is a member of an online social community who deliberately tries to disrupt, attack, offend or generally cause trouble within the community . . .

FWIW, I've been labelled a "troll" elsewhere because I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about the cast of a new TV show (which has since been cancelled before the end of its first season, shows how great it was, right? LOL). Not sure about this guy. Maybe he'll be back, maybe he won't. If he doesn't come back we're not out much more than a minute or two, which isn't exactly a big deal in the Grand Scheme. It's been less than a week so let's cut him some slack, okay?

• Members
Just get him a Martin D28 or a 00028 and be done with it.

If he's younger, try the Talyor GS Mini.

I know you're joking about the D28/00028 but even the GS Mini is a bit much to spend for a first guitar. The OP can find a perfectly good beginner guitar for $150 or so as long as it's set up properly.

• Members

Besides previous questions, there is always consideration of budget... how much you willing to shell out without too much pain. Are you willing to buy used? Have any guitar playing friends that may actually know something about what makes a guitar "good" and be willing to help you in your quest?

• Members

I know you're joking about the D28/00028 but even the GS Mini is a bit much to spend for a first guitar. The OP can find a perfectly good beginner guitar for $150 or so as long as it's set up properly.

smiley-wink

The Taylor GS Mini acoustic guitar is the perfect answer for the couch player, the campfire player, and the eight-year-old who just wants to play a "real" guitar. Whether you're small or you just need a small guitar, the Taylor GS Mini delivers big tone in an easy-to-handle package.

I played one of my Taylor GS Minis at a local open mic last night.

The Mahogany one I have is older and doesn't have a pickup system in it. The only option back then was the ES-Go system, and I didn't think it sound that good.

A few years ago I bought a Koa Mini and the pickup system Taylor was put in at the time, was there Taylor Expression system, which is the system they put in all their guitars from, 1500 to 8000 dollars.

Using the Expesions system in the GS Mini was short lived and they now use a system in them called the ES-B preamp with built-in tuner.

You can get an import Guild for 400 ish, and not to be outdone by anyone, Martin has there D jr.

Yamaha makes a decent guitar. Seagulls as mentioned.

• Members
The Taylor GS Mini acoustic guitar is the perfect answer for the couch player' date=' the campfire player, and the eight-year-old who just wants to play a "real" guitar. Whether you're small or you just need a small guitar, the Taylor GS Mini delivers big tone in an easy-to-handle package. . . .[/quote']

So is the Yamaha FS800 for less than half the price: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/yamaha-fs800-folk-acoustic-guitar. Or the Alvarez AF30 for a bit more than half the price: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/alvarez-artist-series-af30-folk-acoustic-guitar. If you want something a bit smaller, there's the Epiphone EL-00 Limited Edition for, again, about half the price of the GS Mini. It even has a pickup: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-limited-edition-el-00-pro-acoustic-guitar-acoustic-electric-guitar.

Archived