On the Streets Of Bakersfield NGD!

epi56ebony

• Members

I always thought that was a hideous paint job, those old Harmony Buck Owens acoustic are fetching some big buckaroos. It's actually pretty cool.

I love the song with Dwight and Buck.

I saw Dwight a few years ago live, he's not a young mad andy more and may have knee problems.

He put on a killer show.

[video=youtube;mB7oUI32E1Y]

ENJOY

I always thought that was a hideous paint job' date=' those old Harmony Buck Owens acoustic are fetching some big buckaroos. It's actually pretty cool.[/quote']

Coincidentally, I was looking at some Buck Owens model MIJ Telecasters the other day, and you wouldn't believe how much they are going for now... :eekphil:

I love the song with Dwight and Buck.

I saw Dwight a few years ago live, he's not a young mad andy more and may have knee problems.

He put on a killer show.

[video=youtube;mB7oUI32E1Y]

ENJOY

Love Dwight and the way he revived the Bakersfield / Honky Tonk style. :philthumb: Pete Anderson, his old lead guitarist, is another fave of mine - kinda quirky, but I love his playing.

• Members

Coincidentally, I was looking at some Buck Owens model MIJ Telecasters the other day, and you wouldn't believe how much they are going for now... :eekphil:

Love Dwight and the way he revived the Bakersfield / Honky Tonk style. :philthumb:Pete Anderson, his old lead guitarist, is another fave of mine - kinda quirky, but I love his playing.

I love Pete Andersons playing on the early Dwight Yoakam albums. I don't like everything country, but Pete's works is just so good, I have almost every cd that Dwight put out.

I took a heap of talent to fill in when Pete left. Dwight is still making great albums.

Only if I knew that Buck Owens Harmony guitar was gonna sell for 3 grand and up back in the day, I would have bought me a few. Same deal with the Fender tele's.

For your listening enjoyment without Pete.

On that note, I'm a big fan of Phil and Dave Alvin, and David Hidalgo and Ceasar Rosas. I've seen Los Lobos a few times.

• Members

Well Hee Haw!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Hee_Haw.jpg","data-attachmentid":32273657}[/ATTACH]

Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day. Perfect for a 4th of July concert. The closest I've ever been to a real Buck Owens Harmony was an Epiphone knockoff.

• Members
HNGD Epi! Is that a Recording King? How do you like it?

It's a Recording King and it's very nice for what it is. I found a good one as RK does have some QC issues.

I've always wanted a Buck Owens Red White Blue acoustic to go with my Tele!

• Members

bought the tele off ebay, autographed by buck to Marty [marty stuart?] the guy I bought it from gave me emails from manager at Crystal Palace indicating the tele was given to Buck to sign but they have no info on Marty

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32282655}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Just FYI, there are 2 editions of the Buck tele. The first one says Limited Edition on the neck plate, the 2nd edition which came out a few years later has a blank neck plate. the one in the photo is a 2nd edition

I did have a first edition that was not in the greatest condition, came off ebay from North Carolina and all of the gold was oxidized and the selector switch didn't always work without some air pumped in. also had to replace the nut because it was damaged but I recently sold it on Craigslist and the guy who bought it got a great deal and I didn't lose any money on the deal.

have to continue to thin the herd! didn't need two buck teles.

• Members
bought the tele off ebay' date=' autographed by buck to Marty [marty stuart?'] the guy I bought it from gave me emails from manager at Crystal Palace indicating the tele was given to Buck to sign but they have no info on Marty . . .

Cool guitar. I'm not a big Tele fan but I'll make an exception for that one. ;)

Archived