• Show
Clear All

• On the Streets Of Bakersfield NGD!

Click image for larger version

Name:	buck gtr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	32272748

I always thought that was a hideous paint job, those old Harmony Buck Owens acoustic are fetching some big buckaroos. It's actually pretty cool.

I love the song with Dwight and Buck.

I saw Dwight a few years ago live, he's not a young mad andy more and may have knee problems.
    He put on a killer show.

ENJOY

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
      I always thought that was a hideous paint job, those old Harmony Buck Owens acoustic are fetching some big buckaroos. It's actually pretty cool.
      Coincidentally, I was looking at some Buck Owens model MIJ Telecasters the other day, and you wouldn't believe how much they are going for now...

I love the song with Dwight and Buck.

I saw Dwight a few years ago live, he's not a young mad andy more and may have knee problems.
      He put on a killer show.

ENJOY
      Love Dwight and the way he revived the Bakersfield / Honky Tonk style. Pete Anderson, his old lead guitarist, is another fave of mine - kinda quirky, but I love his playing.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

HNGD Epi! Is that a Recording King? How do you like it?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
        - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Coincidentally, I was looking at some Buck Owens model MIJ Telecasters the other day, and you wouldn't believe how much they are going for now...

Love Dwight and the way he revived the Bakersfield / Honky Tonk style. Pete Anderson, his old lead guitarist, is another fave of mine - kinda quirky, but I love his playing.

I love Pete Andersons playing on the early Dwight Yoakam albums. I don't like everything country, but Pete's works is just so good, I have almost every cd that Dwight put out.

I took a heap of talent to fill in when Pete left. Dwight is still making great albums.

Only if I knew that Buck Owens Harmony guitar was gonna sell for 3 grand and up back in the day, I would have bought me a few. Same deal with the Fender tele's.

For your listening enjoyment without Pete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9BJ...lX4Hp4oRf0lovh

On that note, I'm a big fan of Phil and Dave Alvin, and David Hidalgo and Ceasar Rosas. I've seen Los Lobos a few times.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Yeah, I love the Blasters and Los Lobos too. You have great taste!

The Dwight cut is really cool too... here's the embedded version to make it easier for everyone to give it a listen...

- George Carlin

Comment

Well Hee Haw!

Name:	Hee_Haw.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	32273657
              Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day. Perfect for a 4th of July concert. The closest I've ever been to a real Buck Owens Harmony was an Epiphone knockoff.
              Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
              Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
              Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
              Member of the Schecter Society
              Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Congrats on new guitar. How do we know that paint design isn't for the French flag? No stars for openers...
                I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
                Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

I love Buck Owens' songs but can only take Bakersfield sound in limited doses. On my Sirius XM, I listen mainly to 50's on 5.

Congrats on the red, white & blue (mic) Recording King brand guitar.
                  Last edited by Etienne Rambert; 07-09-2018, 07:57 PM.
                  He has escaped! Youtube , ​Murika , France

Comment

Originally posted by Emory View Post
                    Congrats on new guitar. How do we know that paint design isn't for the French flag? No stars for openers...
                    The OP's guitar has a white star on a blue headstock. Owens' original has three.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                      HNGD Epi! Is that a Recording King? How do you like it?
                      It's a Recording King and it's very nice for what it is. I found a good one as RK does have some QC issues.

I've always wanted a Buck Owens Red White Blue acoustic to go with my Tele!

Comment

Originally posted by epi56ebony View Post
                        I've always wanted a Buck Owens Red White Blue acoustic to go with my Tele!

Pics please?

- George Carlin

Comment

bought the tele off ebay, autographed by buck to Marty [marty stuart?] the guy I bought it from gave me emails from manager at Crystal Palace indicating the tele was given to Buck to sign but they have no info on Marty

Name:	buck duo red white blues.jpg
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	32282655

Comment

Just FYI, there are 2 editions of the Buck tele. The first one says Limited Edition on the neck plate, the 2nd edition which came out a few years later has a blank neck plate. the one in the photo is a 2nd edition

I did have a first edition that was not in the greatest condition, came off ebay from North Carolina and all of the gold was oxidized and the selector switch didn't always work without some air pumped in. also had to replace the nut because it was damaged but I recently sold it on Craigslist and the guy who bought it got a great deal and I didn't lose any money on the deal.

have to continue to thin the herd! didn't need two buck teles.

Comment

Originally posted by epi56ebony View Post
                              bought the tele off ebay, autographed by buck to Marty [marty stuart?] the guy I bought it from gave me emails from manager at Crystal Palace indicating the tele was given to Buck to sign but they have no info on Marty . . .
                              Cool guitar. I'm not a big Tele fan but I'll make an exception for that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X