So there's this Taylor BBT on Craigslist, but this repair doesn't look quite right...

Preacher

• Members

I visit the forum pretty irregularly these days, and when I do post, it's usually over at EG, but this seemed relevant over here so...

Someone is selling a Taylor Big Baby with a decidedly homebrew neck repair for only $200! (http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/msg/d/taylor-crybaby-bbt-acoustic/6558648185.html)

Hmm, those screws coming through the headstock don't look quite right - I wonder what's up?

01212_2F0UkEFKTFF_1200x900.jpg

Oh, that's what's up...:freak:

00o0o_F5ghQUJo4J_1200x900.jpg

But it's only $200!!!:eek2::freak:

:cop:

• Members

It's amazing what folks will try to sell. A couple of weeks ago there was a Guild D4 on the local (St. Louis) Craigslist that looked like someone had used the headstock to practice whittling. The guitar was in playable condition for $250 with a HSC but lord knows what else might have been done to it.

• Members
5 strings? promo it "like Keith Richards" (okay' date=' wrong 5, but....) and maybe "reinforcement bar adds mass to head stock and sustain will amaze you"[/quote']

Heh, that's brilliant! You should reply to his ad to help him out. This advert is good but you could take it straight to the top! :D

• Members
It's amazing what folks will try to sell. A couple of weeks ago there was a Guild D4 on the local (St. Louis) Craigslist that looked like someone had used the headstock to practice whittling. The guitar was in playable condition for $250 with a HSC but lord knows what else might have been done to it.

Yikes, what were they trying to do to it? :confused2:

• Members
Yikes' date=' what were they trying to do to it? :confused2:[/quote']

Beats me. They had shaved it so it was shaped sorta like an Ibanez headstock. It didn't look bad but it definitely didn't look like a Guild any more.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Iba_HS.jpg","data-attachmentid":32206207}[/ATTACH]

Archived