1998 Washburn DX2000 Limited Edition Anniversary Model

Cincydrunk

• Members

Not familiar with the guitar but a google search brings up a couple of them for sale in the $400+ range. I think that is a typical price for a decent quality PacRim guitar of that era assuming its in good condition. Good condition to me means the neck angle is good, there are no structural issues, frets are OK. If any of those things are not perfect then the value drops to almost nothing in my book - why would someone put 300 into resetting the neck or 200 into refretting a guitar that probably isn't worth much more.

I repair guitars and buy things like that at yard sales when I seem - I do the repairs and then donate them to my schools music program.

Probably the best way to sell something like that is Craigs List - I would want to see it in person so evil bay or any other online auction wouldn't work. (I had to laugh at one of the ads I saw - they said the guitar has been hanging on the wall for years, is dusty, has a broken string and is out of tune.)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I bought this guitar in 1998 with the intention of learning to play things got busy and I never did take lessons. This guitar has been in a soft case and the back of my closet for 22 years no dense no Dang's no scratches it's in perfect mint condition. I'm looking at possibly selling it. It's black with a red w/gold specks plate?  On the front and striping on the back in the middle also has inset mother of pearl. How would I find a value for this item?

• Members
On 4/3/2020 at 9:57 AM, Candace315 said:

I bought this guitar in 1998 with the intention of learning to play things got busy and I never did take lessons. This guitar has been in a soft case and the back of my closet for 22 years no dense no Dang's no scratches it's in perfect mint condition. I'm looking at possibly selling it. It's black with a red w/gold specks plate?  On the front and striping on the back in the middle also has inset mother of pearl. How would I find a value for this item?

I found one that was listed on eBay four years ago for $499 and apparently didn't sell (0 bids): https://www.ebay.ie/itm/washburn-acoustic-guitar-dx2000-limted-edition-2-of-600-/112051223046 Presumably yours is worth something less than that.

Archived