Okay. It's That Time Again

Idunno

• Members

Sad. He's quite talented and a natural entertainer. But several years ago I was watching an awards show or somesuch and people in the audience were talking and messing with cell phones while Tony Bennett was performing. If they'll do it to a living legend they'll do it to anyone.

• Members
Sad. He's quite talented and a natural entertainer. But several years ago I was watching an awards show or somesuch and people in the audience were talking and messing with cell phones while Tony Bennett was performing. If they'll do it to a living legend they'll do it to anyone.

Yes. Rude and stupid. And very sad.

• Members

come to think of it i bet the sound wasn`t too good in what looks like a shopping mall with the glass roof and what not . we are getting the direct sound from the mics more than likely ,there is no way the public will have heard it like us , he is very good mind ,but still i am one of those who says you can do what you like and if someone is playing a guitar and singing that doesn`t mean to say i have to stop and listen. it makes me laugh when i hear band members complain about an audience for talking or appearing not to be listening to the band .

• Members
come to think of it i bet the sound wasn`t too good in what looks like a shopping mall with the glass roof and what not . we are getting the direct sound from the mics more than likely ' date='there is no way the public will have heard it like us , he is very good mind ,but still i am one of those who says you can do what you like and if someone is playing a guitar and singing that doesn`t mean to say i have to stop and listen. it makes me laugh when i hear band members complain about an audience for talking or appearing not to be listening to the band .[/quote']

And that is precisely why I play only in Open Mikes and never for money. The Open Mikes I go to always have respectful and supportive audiences who listen to and enjoy the music. I have turned down paying gigs and won't do open mikes in bars because I take no pleasure in providing a soundtrack for people's conversations.

• Members

I think it's a little judgy to say the people don't like or appreciate music just because they are going about there business in the mall. When I got to the mall it's a get in, get what I need and get out as quick as possible situation. I probably would have stopped and listened to him for a minute or two. There are a ton of videos out there of great famous musicians in disguise on subways and sidewalks with the same reaction. I doubt you would see the same reaction in a blues bar on a Friday night.

• Members
  • Members
I think it's a little judgy to say the people don't like or appreciate music just because they are going about there business in the mall. When I got to the mall it's a get in' date=' get what I need and get out as quick as possible situation. I probably would have stopped and listened to him for a minute or two. There are a ton of videos out there of great famous musicians in disguise on subways and sidewalks with the same reaction. I doubt you would see the same reaction in a blues bar on a Friday night. [/quote']

Well, of course it's "judgy". Life is judgy. At what point isn't it? You eat the Cheese-Wiz, then.

• Members
[video=youtube;6eP2NNHBPNM]

Slays me how this guy should command an audience but instead he gets malled.

Hell yeah, that was damn fine.

I check out a few of his other vids.

Good stuff.

Thx for turning me on to this guy.

[video=youtube;hHDOdSJmA-I]

[video=youtube;OIRjO9c9KIo]

Archived