Kinda Off Topic -Advice Needed

carguy

• Members

I've been thinking about getting a video camera to record myself playing guitar and singing to attempt to improve both of those things. I'd like to get something better than my iPhone, although

maybe that might be the best option. What do you folks recommend?

• Members

I have been using my Zoom H4 with headphones to practice my singing with. I get the instant feedback of hearing through the headphones and I have the recording to play back. Can't see how the video would help playing or singing. It could be good for performance. Any camera. or phone will do.

• Members

You know, the more I think about it, as several of you suggested, I may just use my iPhone. I really don't need anything fancy, just to watch myself play and sing. I'm just interested to see how I look when I perform. Maybe I can correct some bad habits. I can always step up to a more expensive video camera later if it comes to that. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Members

Just use the iPhone. I use mine and livestream on Periscope (Twitter’s streaming app.) it’s far from studio quality but it gets the point across. I find that if you show a little skin people will come on in and will give you feedback in real time. Some want to see how thick your skin is though

• 3 weeks later...

Archived