VOM1T September 2017

garthman

• Members
Here we go again.

Hi Howard ,hope you are well .,great taste in music.as usual and great performance.

my contribution this month is u guessed it a beatles song. it is the jackaroo deva tune ,not anything to do with australia . Across the Universe , had trouble singing this but tried me best, had to tune down a whole tone so i played it in the key of C but played it in the D position on the old Eko Rio Grande. hope you enjoy it thanks.

• Members

Well done, gents. Got a new set of cans and now must say I was missing some of your chops with the old ones. Live/learn. Nothing from me this time. Post Irma chaos here and on a genset at the moment. At 90°F in my house I sweat when fingerpicking. Hardly inspiring. Will endeavor next time. Thanks for the music.

Edit: Correction - I found this on the new computer's media player. Possibly a VOM1T repeat. A dedication to Glen Campbell and Jimmy Web.

https://app.box.com/s/fou0aobz9n6y9nh5y9g0ctoiarznnlt6

• Members

garthman - Well done. Yours is a bit faster than the original but it stands well on its own. My own covers are rarely spot on. ;)

catscurlyear - Good job as usual. You're much better than you think. :thu: My cover of Galveston is in C# (A capoed up to 4 actually) and AFAIK the original is in F.

Idunno - Great job. I covered it last month so I know how deceptive it can be. Very nicely played. Hope you'll be recovered from Irma sooner rather than later.

extollo - I wasn't familiar with that one but you did a great job as usual. I'm not sure I'd attempt it. No way I could sing that high. Thanks for broadening my horizons.

• Members

Thanks, Cats. Great performance. You do well to only drop two semitones to C - that's still too high for me. I do it in G (or sometimes A with a capo on the 2nd fret). The intro riff works perfectly (with almost the same fingering) if you do it on the 2nd and 4th strings rather than the 1st and 3rd. Then use G family chords - Em, Bm, D, etc, etc.

• Members

thanks Howard ,wow G thats nearly the other end of the spectrum for this song. my better half was reading about this song and she told me that it was originaly recorded by lennon in D and they slowed down the tape machine till it was in Db ,don`t know if they thought if it was too fast or if the key didn`t sound right ,great tune though ,I like Rufus Wainrights version.that one is in D

Archived