I got a new classical guitar!

mbengs1

• Members

It's a Cordoba C3M. No pics yet since I don't know how to work my cellphone to my pc. I got it for about $250. it has a solid cedar top with mahogany back and sides and neck. It feels like a lead guitar players classical guitar. for an electric guitar player trying his bit on classical. though not necessarily me, I can dig it. it has a thin neck with light strings. very easy to play. the mids are kinda dull though. the guitar resonates loudly buy the mids don't cut through like with a guitar with a spruce top. but for my needs, this is a great value. I just need to get a pickup for it for live use.

• Members

Have fun with that. The anemic mids can be brought out better with a decent set of strings. You probably have a nylon G string on yours. They're usually pretty dead right out of the packaging. Don't know why but that frequency produced from nylon alone doesn't play well in classicals. Order a set of GHS 2510 classical guitar strings. They're nickel plated (don't tarnish) and come with a wound G string that corrects for the lacking nylon G string. I've tried all the lauded classical guitar strings (suggested by all the parrots across the forums) and ended up the GHS product. Savarez is a very old, established maker of classical guitar strings and by that alone they are respected. You will find them suggested a lot if you run a search. I used their medium and hard tension strings and....crickets....they just didn't get the sound out of the currently produced (over-built) classical guitars. GHS designs a string that does. D'Addario does as well but not with a wound third.

Archived