Renshaw Acoustic - Open E Tuning

maplebaby

• Members

I saw the Black Crowes do this song when it was still new back in the summer of '90. They opened for Aerosmith on their "Pump" tour. Good song and memories but such a sad message. Great job, but probably not one I'd sing in church!

BTW, I like to tune my guitar to open D and capo at the 2nd fret. Not because it's more comfortable - though the decreased tension is probably better for the guitar - but because I have this aversion of tuning strings sharp after having a few go "pop" and the ends going flying. It's also a relatively painless transition from DADGAD; just drop the 3rd string down a half step.

PS: thank you for posting that tutorial of Led Zeppelin's "Rain Song" several years ago. I've almost got it down! LOL!

• Members

hello gentlemen and a sincere thanks from all of us in KY!

kwakatak - loved your post and thanks for the very kind words - i never tire of the Rain Song!

DeepEnd - thanks for checking out so many of our vids! Sub bass player on this one, we have added Austin on several sets now - not a core guy but we are glad to have him and additional percussion for BC. Your good - sure appreciate it!

Archived