One Guitar/One Voice

maplebaby

• Members

Sounded good as usual but I'm with garthman. I usually play and sing. Several years ago I played and sang a duet with another guy on a Christmas song I wrote but that's as close to what you're talking about as I've ever come.

• Members

i`d definitely need a singer with me .I`ve done that configuration before a few times, we got some nice harmonies going. i wish i had a strong vocal like some of the guys on here and i would do it solo at the drop of an hat.no arguments with song choice either

you are sounding good by the way and Lauren has a great voice.

• Members

No, it happened just the way I described. The girls were friends of mine (one was my ex girlfriend) and they wanted to sing Christian stuff as a group but none of them played. They asked me and I was up for it but nothing happened beyond that one rehearsal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Great performance, as always. Ms. Mink has some killer pipes.

Of course I'm biased, as an acoustic guitar freak, but just a voice and a guitar is always my favorite format - whether the vocals and guitar are performed by a single person or a duet. That's not at all to say that I have anything against a band/ensemble; there are many that I love greatly. But there's just kind of a different feel altogether to a simple voice and guitar arrangement - something uniquely straightforward and intimate between the musician(s) and the listener. Best example I can think of offhand is Kelly Joe Phelps, who also happens to be my favorite guitar player.

Archived