Acoustic Music Thread

tbry

• Members

It was brought up that maybe acoustic music was never coming back...I like to think there are many new artist's that are making great music. Maybe not the protest's of Dylan or Guthrie but still great acoustic with admittedly with some electric thrown in. Since Dylan himself turned to electric decades ago the base of the music is acoustic.

Place new acoustic artist's in this thread that you feel keeps the spirit of acoustic alive and share with us people we may have not been exposed to.

I'll start. They are mostly acoustic but of course not entirely. Reckless Kelly.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Reckless Kelly and have covered both Wicked Twisted Road and Dogtown, but not in recent years.

Try this North Carolina guy

[video=youtube;0EZfFXeFRhs]

This band

[video=youtube;wZzAzue10jc]

Catln Rose's mom was one of the song writers on some of the Taylor Swift albums. She's pretty good. Not exactly acoustic.

[video=youtube;Tk-7oCyPWww]

[video=youtube;b2CKUbTziTY]

• Members

[video=youtube;YcqauC49Xmc]

[video=youtube;DHXpnZi9Hzs]

[video=youtube;v0RC21L2xq8]

[video=youtube;An2a1_Do_fc]

[video=youtube;t8878chOvfI]

I get you on the acoustic side of the house. This is more towards the pop acoustic scene I was referring to but that's my take on it. Not a fan of country. Most of it doesn't seem genuine to me.

• Members

I thought you guys wanted something to do...I'll do it for you and can enjoy if you don't have any new musicians to add.

Tommy Emanuel will coming to my town next month. I know most of you have heard of him. He is differently worth the price of a ticket. This will be my 6 or 7th time...Enjoy!

• Members

Here's a couple of newer artist you might like.

[video=youtube;rvWstzEUTfU]

This gal was amazing in concert. Just her and her banjo or guitar. I've seen her twice in concert now.

[video=youtube;tnT2yvoB0hQ]

[video=youtube;VZfdqjUUnow]

• Members
These guys are really enjoyable. I should have bought a ticket when they came through but I cheaped out. Next time I won't.

I have seen them a bunch of times. There new shows are full band shows, but back in the day it was just Scott, Seth and Bob on the bass.

I had a chance to speak with Scott back at the small stage, at the Green River Fest in Greenfield Mass.

Archived