Gear: One Man Traveling

TRU

• Members

Has anybody out there found the perfect gear bag/suitcase/duffel?

I'd like something that will hold lots of cd's, cables, preamps, pedals, foldable guitar stand, etc.

Note: I'm not looking for "ideas." There are tons of things I could use. I'm looking for something that you have found to be perfect for a traveling singer/songwriter.

• Members

No. There were military issued bags I had for years that might be suitable but they're the ideas you're not interested in. You're interested in people who have identical experiences as yours who have a bag/suitcase/"duffel" capable of holding items identical to yours, including the etcetera stuff.

Check back. I'm sure there's lot's of such qualified help yet to arrive here.

• Members
No. There were military issued bags I had for years that might be suitable but they're the ideas you're not interested in. . . .

I think what the OP is looking for are suggestions of what others have actually used as opposed to simply "ideas" of the "This might work" variety. Anyway, weren't you lecturing me about being snarky not long ago? That said, I don't do that particular gig so I have no suggestions.

• Members

isUOTE=DeepEnd;n31333961]

I think what the OP is looking for are suggestions of what others have actually used as opposed to simply "ideas" of the "This might work" variety. Anyway, weren't you lecturing me about being snarky not long ago? That said, I don't do that particular gig so I have no suggestions.

There you go again telling us what the OP actually wants to know. Re-read it verbatim and come back without your interpretation. I think The OP made it pretty clear he isn't interested in anyone's conjecture about possibilities. He assumes a lot, I know, but if he's looking for help he might consider the fact that he came to a forum where there are few facts amidst the vast subjectiveness of playing live gigs and loading in/out.

Besides, what kind of universal bag is he looking for besides Felix's Magic Bag Of Tricks? There aren't any.

If he detailed his gear someone might have an answer. Etcetera doesn't qualify. Instead his question is more hypothetical then serious.

I.E. - What bait catches a specific species of fish? Don't just give me ideas? I want to know from someone who has experience catching that fish.

And, the fish is....?

Logic. It doesn't cost a thing.

• Members
isUOTE=DeepEnd;n31333961] I think what the OP is looking for are suggestions of what others have actually used as opposed to simply "ideas" of the "This might work" variety. Anyway, weren't you lecturing me about being snarky not long ago? That said, I don't do that particular gig so I have no suggestions.
There you go again telling us what the OP actually wants to know. Re-read it verbatim and come back without your interpretation. I think The OP made it pretty clear he isn't interested in anyone's conjecture about possibilities. He assumes a lot, I know, but if he's looking for help he might consider the fact that he came to a forum where there are few facts amidst the vast subjectiveness of playing live gigs and loading in/out. Besides, what kind of universal bag is he looking for besides Felix's Magic Bag Of Tricks? There aren't any. If he detailed his gear someone might have an answer. Etcetera doesn't qualify. Instead his question is more hypothetical then serious. I.E. - What bait catches a specific species of fish? Don't just give me ideas? I want to know from someone who has experience catching that fish. And, the fish is....? Logic. It doesn't cost a thing. DeepEnd is right. You're wrong. Have fun jammin in basements n visiting Guitar Center.

• Members
There you go again telling us what the OP actually wants to know. Re-read it verbatim and come back without your interpretation. . . .

1. The OP specifically said (emphasis added)

. . . Note: I'm not looking for "ideas." . . . I'm looking for something that you have found to be perfect for a traveling singer/songwriter.

I interpreted this to mean not just suggestions from the Web, for instance, but from practical experience.

2. I specifically prefaced my post with "I think". I wasn't trying to tell anyone what the OP was saying, just my own take, which would eliminate the apparent contradiction about not wanting "ideas." Turns out I was right. Who woulda thunk it?

Archived