Workin' Dog Blues

Unk

• Members

I figured this would be a great title for a blues tune that I need to write. Since blues generally comes best when inspired by a deep funk of some sort I now qualify. I got laid-off last friday. Although my spider-sense suspected something was up it didn't help lessen the blow. (Same thing happened to me almost two years ago to the day - same type of business. I know, get out of this biz.) Man, right before the holidays too. :(

In light of all of this I'm accepting winning lotto numbers, six to be exact. (Previous winnings numbers don't count.) Any psychics out there feel free to donate. I'm also accepting some good blues lines, I know how creative you folks are.

In the meantime, to borrow from a fellow forum member, I won't let the bastards get me down.

Gotta go now and stock up on peanut butter. :eek:

• Members

Sorry to hear about that bud. Things are really looking up around here and most of my out of work friends are finding things. The good news is that it shouldn't take you as long now as it would have 12-18 months ago.

When we met in Atlanta you mentioned a possible career change, maybe this will give you the push to make it happen. Hope it works out.

Mike

• Members

It's said that when one door closes another opens. I am not that optomistic but it does seem to work that way. This is not a good time to get laid off but then what time is.

Unc, I hope the best for you and maybe that door will open.

I have a few lines that I sing when I feel low but they are to, shall we say "colorful" to post here. I have wanted to put them to a fingerstyle tune to sing but have not so far.

• Members

Unk,

Man I am so sorry to hear about the incredible timing your company seems to have. That is the same thing that happened to me many years back. I lost everything but I had my health, family, friends and my guitar.

Be assured you have friends and if we can do anything let us know. At next years jam we will laugh about this and talk about how much BETTER things are with you in the next phase of jobs. It always gets better. I have never lost a job that the next one was not better.

Glad to see you have a sense of humor and some GRIT ! Don't lettem grind you down man. Now I can see you will need some free blues lessons and I volunteer for any you might want :)

Hang in there man, we are with you.

LB

• Members

Thanks all, you're good people. I may make the change that Mike was talking about. I interviewed for an IV pharmacy tech job and that may be the springboard I need to get me into pharmacy school. Big pay cut but I'm willing to accept that for better long term gain.

Hmmm, now I have lots of time to dig into Plane Talk. :D

Archived