I got an Alhambra 6C at $400!

ychousa

• Members

What a deal! I saw an ad in craigslist at $450. I offered $400, and the seller accepted it! The guitar is almost like brand new-you can hardly find a scratch or signs of use. 6C uses laminated mahogany back and side instead of lam. rosewood in 6P which retails for about $950.

OK.. Here are a few things that got my attention.

Even after approx. 10 years of its production, it's just like brand new because the seller, who is the original owner, has rarely played it. I mean, not just the look, but also the sound. It has a sound coming from a factory-fresh product, not aged at all, which is a little bit disappointing. I did some research and learned that a guitar does not age just because it's getting older-You have to play it and give some vibrations to it. Check out this link:http://www.acousticguitar.com/gear/advice/vibration.shtml

Does anyone have this experience or comments? Also, the action is a bit high, which I need to have someone adjust it.

Other than those, I really love this guitar! It sounds like a piano.:thu:

• Members

Hi!! Welcome to the forum, and Happy New Guitar Day. You're now automatically a member of the No Bridge Pins Club here at HCAG - a very exclusive club that has no member list, no dues and no activities!
:thu:

:D

I don't have sigs turned on ... so I'll put in my location. :wave:

• Members

Hi. Stackabones, Thanks!

I'm an intermediate classical player, but I love to play all kinds of music.. well, if I can;)

I haven't played guitar for about 10 years after I graduated from a college. Just recently, something hit my mind, and I suddenly wanted to play guitar again. I have had Yamaha CG-130SA, but wanted to upgrade to a better one, so I did some research for about a month(believe me, HC was the best place for the research!), and finally settled at Alhambra.

Because I want to play some crossovers like "twilight" by Kotaro Oshio, I definetly need to adjust the action of this new guy. It's actually higher than my Yamaha, which I had thought a bit high.

I've been to a few guitar shops and played most of the available brands except Antonio Aparicio and Esteve, which were of my great interest. But when I played my Alhambra 6C in seller's home, I just fell in love with it right away. IMHO, the sound is only an inch shorter than a $1500 Jose Ramirez. Considering the price, I'm as glad as the time that I got my NAD 3020 amplifier and a/d/s 990 speakers, which are of great values, truely musical, considering their cost.

I have lots of things to learn from now on to move onto an upper level. I hope I could get great deal of helps in HC. Nice to meet you guys!

• Members

I've been to a few guitar shops and played most of the available brands except Antonio Aparicio and Esteve, which were of my great interest. But when I played my Alhambra 6C in seller's home, I just fell in love with it right away. IMHO, the sound is only an inch shorter than a $1500 Jose Ramirez. Considering the price, I'm as glad as the time that I got my NAD 3020 amplifier and a/d/s 990 speakers, which are of great values, truely musical, considering their cost.

Holy cow, a classical guy and an audiophile too!:thu:

Congratulations on the new guitar, it looks schweet. Your 3020 is a classic in its own way, and I'm sure it's a good match with your speakers. What do you use as a source component, if I may ask?

(As some on the forum know, I'm a nutball audiophile, and a card-carrying member of the Retro-Grouches of North America - I love vintage stuff...)

• Members

What do you use as a source component, if I may ask?

(As some on the forum know, I'm a nutball audiophile, and a card-carrying member of the Retro-Grouches of North America - I love vintage stuff...)

Hi, denvertrakker

I use vintage SONY CDP X55ES. It has warm, yet very detailed sound. My best deal was a/d/s 990L. I paid $75 for the pair! But the sound.. It's so good, especially for classicals and jazz. Not for rock'n rolls though :freak:

• Members

I use vintage SONY CDP X55ES. It has warm, yet very detailed sound. My best deal was a/d/s 990L. I paid $75 for the pair! But the sound.. It's so good, especially for classicals and jazz. Not for rock'n rolls though
:freak:

Very nice! All of the Sony ES series have excellent sound. My little system is a Philips/Marantz CD-80 -> Luxman LV-100 -> EPI 100W. Like yours, a great system for everything but loud rock. But I've got my surround system for that!

• Members

Philips/Marantz CD-80 -> Luxman L-100 -> EPI 100W. Like yours, a great system for everything but loud rock.

Wow, great vintage combination! I guess you spent the best money on the source component, which verifies that you are a "seasoned" audiophile :thu:

Garbage in, garbage out, right? ;)

• 10 years later...

Archived