Quandary?

guit30

• Members

Ok, some of you know that I like Taylors, but I can't afford one(until now), I just found a 05 110 on Craigslist that I can get for $400 with gigbag. The gal is happy with her Takemine and has been playing it more so she has no need for 2 guitars. The 110 does have more complex overtones and is Richer and louder, but I do not like the arched back, but the ebony neck with the fretwork is incredible.

I am sort of like her, I am happy with my Alvarez why do I need something else, this seems to be a theme on the local craigslist. Plus, she is not getting any bites on it.

Thoughts?

• Members

You spelled "quandary" right--a word that has cropped up hereabouts several times recently. Gold star and smiley face for you.

I am not a Taylorite--but if you are, do it. Looks like a good deal, and perhaps a twist of fate. In matters of love, follow your heart.

Indeed :thu:

• Members

Well you encouraged me...now it is my turn...even if it is the name you like most in the end you will have something you really want and 400.00 is not gonna send you over the edge...do it....do it....do it....drifting off into a soft melodic cadence with Taylor mid range notes and trebly bell like highs....Happy Thanksgiving

• Members

Well you encouraged me...now it is my turn...even if it is the name you like most in the end you will have something you really want and 400.00 is not gonna send you over the edge...do it....do it....do it....drifting off into a soft melodic cadence with Taylor mid range notes and trebly bell like highs....Happy Thanksgiving

Back atcha on the Turkey Day sentiments. $400 is nothing in the grand scheme of things, except maybe in the third world (pause to humbly acknowledge my blessed life in this land of abundance).

Go for it. Sweet dreams...:love:

• Members

You spelled "quandary" right--a word that has cropped up hereabouts several times recently. Gold star and smiley face for you.

I am not a Taylorite--but if you are, do it. Looks like a good deal, and perhaps a twist of fate.
In matters of love, follow your heart.

Amen.

• Members

The Artist series is nice, nice pic of your Black AD60SC, I had a regular AD60S for a while in 05 (Korean made), but I did not like the neck, too thick, so I traded it in on my first Alvarez RD20S and now am on my third, The regency series have necks almost exactly like Taylors , real thin with a nice radius.

Well, I did what you guys recommended, I offered the girl $300 for her Taylor 110 that she was originally selling for $450, but dropped the price to $400 and added the Taylor gigbag, which she was going to keep for her Takemine. She has not answered yet, she answered the other e-mails pretty quick, but today is a holiday. Honestly, I felt bad, offering her $300 for a guitar that she had paid over $600 for about a year ago, and had hardly ever played. We'll see what happens, honestly , I am happy with my Alvarez, has a very nice neck and is playing well, but not giving off those bell like tones that TB mentioned.

Happy Thanksgiving

JIm

• Members

I just got an e-mail from the gal selling the Taylor, she said that she would not go below $400, that is very understandable, she paid over $600 with taxes for it a year ago. It has been played very little. $400 is a good price for me, I sent her an e-mail back and told her that I would pay $400 for it if I got it, There are a couple of guitars on EBAY that I'm looking at, One is a brand new Alvarez MD80 which is their top of the line, all solid wood for 429.

The only thing that I do not like about The Taylor 110 is the size of the body is a little big for me, not the same size as A Martin. I like guitars tht are Martin sized, Alvarez, (except for neck) are exactly Martin specs. Also, don't like the arch back construction of the Laminate ones like the 110. TB's 214 is all solid wood so it does not have this arch.

On the other hand, the tone of the 110 is killer, the fretwork is immaculate, and it has that Taylor neck.

Jim

• Members

The person isn't answering e-mails from me anymore, Craigslist is odd, at least with ebay ,they get back at you. Think the person got mad because I tried to make the price lower , I don't know, sent a nice e-mail, said I would pay the 400, even let them have the gigbag, well I've got bigger Fish to Fry.

Jim

-The Yairi FY75 looks ugly in the pic, maybe the lighting,

Jim

• Members

I see only one caveat with the deal. The lady mentions in her CL ad that she's never sent in the paperwork and that you can register this guitar in your own name. This may not be possible due to the fact that most mfg.'s require that you also send them a photocopy of the origianal sales receipt that shows YOUR name as the buyer. I'm not sure about ALL manufacturers, but most of them operate this way.

As far a the guitar goes, it looks brand new. And, it's a Taylor.....so, you probably wouldn't ever need the warranty anyway. I say go for it.

• Members

Here's my guit, it don't look ugly like that Yairi with wood missing out of the top. I'd take the Taylor over the Yairi in a minute. You ever play one. I played a DY-77 and a DY-94 a couple of months ago, the necks were huge and this guy is saying his has a thin neck, we'll see, he is bringing it up tomorrow for me to look at

Jim

Archived