Close to pulling the trigger (Mandolin Content)

Jimmy Chaos

• Members

Good choice. More people should consider these. The simplicity of the old Gibson 'Army-Navy" design allows for better grades of wood without the cost of working them. I've found them to be far better mandos in terms of tone and volume than the A-50 copies in the same price range. You'll like it a lot.

• Members

Sweeet!:thu:

Congrats on your new mando. I too bought a cheap all laminated one and I love it! I have already managed to pick out by ear a dozen or so xmas tunes...I am having trouble with chord changes but it's coming. Once I get good enough to actually play the thing in public I might look for an upgrade...possibly an acoustic/electric one...:eek:

• Members

It'll be interesting... recently I've been trying a more 'folky' direction with my own music. (I'm a huge Decemberists fan). I just can't wait for it to arrive now.

It's not a top-of-the range Mandolin, but it is solid spruce top, and It'll suit my needs, which are mainly just home & studio at the moment.

I was charmed by the simplicity of the Army Navy style, much better looking than the 'A' shape Mandolin I used to have.

I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Archived