aspen Classical guitar

watermarks

• Members

Good day folks,

Can anyone give some information on an Aspen A30 classical guitar? saw one the other day in a hawk shop but can't seem to find any info on them.

they had it priced for 350.00 but have no idea what they are really worth.

any help would be very much appreciated

thank you

• Members

I don't know anything about them, but some googling revealed the following:

This notes that "The "A" series of these models were made of laminated woods, and today are worth around $100. The higher-end AL series typically are worth around $400-$500 (also according to the Blue Book). At least from the mid-to late 1980s, these instruments were made in Korea, but earlier ones probably came from sources in Japan."

Also the review section on HC has some user reviews, including price paid. I don't see the exact (A30) guitar there, but there are some others with the number 30, which I imagine would be the same line.

• Members

Many thanks for the replies. much appreciated.

I called the folks at the hawk shop and told them my findings and they actually got pretty rude. They didn't want to give me any more information on it or discuss the guitar in any way and basically hung up on me so don't think I'll be shopping there anyway.

thanks again

• Members

Reminds me of how a Craigslist seller reacted to a friend of mine. The seller listed the guitar as a handcrafted instrument that was made in Spain by a luthier in Madrid and that it was a steal at $350 used. My friend corrected him and said that it was a low-end factory guitar assembled in Valencia and that they sold for $175 new.

I'm imagine there'll be a poorly-informed sucker out there who'll buy overhyped and overpriced stuff. Just don't let yourself be one of those.

• 8 years later...

Archived