Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morgan Monroe Creekside MV-01 (NGD)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure is a cute little thing. Congratulations. Clips when you can, please.
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Congrats. Looks like a great deal.

Frank

cantankerous since 1964

Comment

Beautiful guitar & such a bargain.
        I would have to straighten that 1st string tuner though & do something to secure the wiring. That's not a criticism. I would rather a builder put most of their effort into materials & quality of construction & if necessary, leave some details for me to take care of. That way I may be able to afford to buy one!
        Cheers,
        kev

Comment

I would have to straighten that 1st string tuner though & do something to secure the wiring. That's not a criticism. I would rather a builder put most of their effort into materials & quality of construction & if necessary, leave some details for me to take care of. That way I may be able to afford to buy one!
          Cheers,
          kev

Thanks, kev.

The tuner is definitely something the builder could be criticized for -- but it gives it a little character, don't ya think.

The wires are aftermarket (installed by the previous owner and not the builder). Stock, the guitar has no electronics. I'd actually prefer it that way, but it's cool that the system is there.

Comment

Very nice Stack... enjoy!
            Profanity is the crutch of inarticulate mother fkers...

Comment

That's a very handsome and understated guitar. I bet it plays and sounds as good as it looks.
              Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

Comment

I love the Old timey looks of the Morgan Monroe guitars that they're building now. My "Natural" that I'm getting looks like a new guitar but it played and sounded so great that I don't mind. At a later date I'd love one of their slope sided Dreads. Congrats on the new guitar, looks great.

Comment

Cheers,
                  kev

Looks like a bad factory drill jig or the guy installing the tuners didn't get his raise.

http://www.fretstore.com/images/MV-01tuners.JPG

It's a good price for the guitar from what I can see. Is this touted as a finger picking guitar? I'd think minimally it would have a 1-3/4 nut if so.

Congrats, Stack. How's it sound? Clips?
                  Be back when I get back. TTFN.

Comment

Looks like a bad factory drill jig or the guy installing the tuners didn't get his raise.

http://www.fretstore.com/images/MV-01tuners.JPG

It's a good price for the guitar from what I can see. Is this touted as a finger picking guitar? I'd think minimally it would have a 1-3/4 nut if so.

Congrats, Stack. How's it sound? Clips?

Sounds pretty good. I really enjoy playing this guitar around the house. I've played it on a few gigs, but this week and perhaps till the end of year I'm going to play out more often with it.

I know that some guitars are supposed to be suited for pickstyle or fingerstyle, but I don't completely go in for it (even though there is a bit of truth in it I suppose). I play fingerstyle, but because of my purely acoustic gig status lately I've only been playing with picks.

Here's the first clip I made with it. (btw, flatpicked) Almost everything I've recorded since then has been on this guitar -- with just a few exceptions.

Comment

Sounds pretty good. I really enjoy playing this guitar around the house. I've played it on a few gigs, but this week and perhaps till the end of year I'm going to play out more often with it.

I know that some guitars are supposed to be suited for pickstyle or fingerstyle, but I don't completely go in for it (even though there is a bit of truth in it I suppose). I play fingerstyle, but because of my purely acoustic gig status lately I've only been playing with picks.

Here's the first clip I made with it. (btw, flatpicked) Almost everything I've recorded since then has been on this guitar -- with just a few exceptions.

Hey Hansel, is that a clip or breadcrumbs back to here?

Comment

Hey Hansel, is that a clip or breadcrumbs back to here?

Thanks, Gretel.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2364875

Comment

Yea I remember that. Good song. Reaching down inside on that one. Forgot it was the Morgan.

Comment

Working...
                          X