IBeam vs K&K PWM - Feedback Issues?

Howie22

• Members

More questions in my never ending search for a new pickup. . .

Has anyone compared these as far as feedback response? I've used a K&K and I'm comfortable with the performance and feedback responsiveness.

I've also heard people using the IBeam and thought the tone was outstanding. Considering an IBeam as well, but I'm fearful of more feedback. Is this a concern?

Solo acoustic preformances.

Has anyone used both side by side?

• Members

More questions in my never ending search for a new pickup. . .

Has anyone compared these as far as feedback response? I've used a K&K and I'm comfortable with the performance and feedback responsiveness.

I've also heard people using the IBeam and thought the tone was outstanding. Considering an IBeam as well, but I'm fearful of more feedback. Is this a concern?

Solo acoustic preformances.

Has anyone used both side by side?

The lead guitarist in my church worship band has a high-end Seagull with an LR Baggs Duet installed. It gives him the option of blending the outputs from an iBeam and an undersaddle piezo. FWIW, he always keeps the mix knob at full piezo and no iBeam. On the other hand, he uses his acoustic more like an electric---overdrive and chorus, all that---and we can get pretty loud. I'd imagine the iBeam would be feedback city if he tried using it.

For a solo performance, the iBeam would be just fine, I think. As long as the monitors aren't poorly placed (i.e. aimed at the guitar) and the system isn't way too loud, you'd probably be okay.

And I've read lots of good stuff about the iBeam as well. I've always wanted to try one in one of my acoustics, but I've never mustered up the willpower to break down and buy one.

Archived