VOM Reminder -- Virtual Open Mic This Sunday!

Stackabones

• Members

July 11 is the second Sunday. See ya there!

July 11 in music history ...

1946: Dean Martin begins his recording career mere weeks before teaming up with nightclub comic Jerry Lewis.

1962: The Telstar satellite, the first active communications satellite, is launched by AT&T, inspiring the Tornadoes' instrumental hit of the same name later that year.

1966: Elvis Presley begins filming his 24th motion picture, Double Trouble.

1969: David Bowie, "Space Oddity"

1969: The Rolling Stones, "Honky Tonk Women"

1970: The Who, "Summertime Blues"

1976: Andy Gibb marries girlfriend Kim Reeder in Australia.

1976: Frank Sinatra marries for the fourth time, this time to Barbara Marx, former wife of the Marx Brothers' Zeppo Marx.

1981: Longtime songwriting team Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager are divorced.

1992: Jerry Garcia introduces a series of neckties he's designed, bearing his name. President Bill Clinton immediately buys the set of eight.

1994: Michael Jackson's spokesperson publicly denies rampant rumors that the singer has married Lisa Marie Presley.

2002: The funeral of longtime Who bassist John Entwistle is held in St. Edward's Church in Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, England, and attended by over 200 mourners.

2004: In an attempt to recapture Elvis' record of most UK Number Ones, his first single, 1954's "That's All Right," is rereleased on its 50th anniversary.

Releases

July 11 is also the Day of Flemish Community. Schilt ende vriend!

• Members

Hotter than Hades here and I ain't got no A/C back in the recording room but I'll get something done.

Tony

Man, hot here too, in Roma. These people don't do A/C. Just back from the hookah bar and a stroll through Campo di Fiore. These people DO know how to do nightlife, tell you what.

And damn I just remembered that I'm 6 or 7 hrs AHEAD of youse guys. Guess I'll go try recording something in the palazzo stairwell.

Archived