What Would You Do ?

Tartanlad

• Members

I went out tonight for a quiet few drinks and met an old friend whoms a pretty gd player

he miked the guitar up and i sang a gd few songs and everyone were cheering

loudly, i didnt think i was a singer as such but all wanted more at the end of the night

but we gave an extra 2 songs as had to get a cab home later after him playing guitar and me singing this was 2 hrs approx

Anyhow before we left we were given a card with details by these 4 older guys whom run a club in Edinburgh and sais they want us to perform nxt wkend if possible

i sais we are busy which we are not really

but we shall get in contact when we have time hopefully soon

We both then left when taxi cab driver arrived for home

The bar we performed was very busy but actually i was happy to leave

but this club i know in Edinburgh happens to be in top a notch Hotel

i know about in Edinburgh and i know is pretty gd

some well know artistes have performed in and im actually a tad shocked

we have been asked to play nxt Sat evening on the bill shall be ex 60s band Vanity fair whom had 2 hit records in the 60s namely "Hitchin A Ride" and "Early In The Morning" dont know if you have heard of them ?

Anyhow we have been told to turn up for 9pm for a 10pm start..what ye think folks ? Am a touch nervous of such.

• Members

I admit i had a few drinks but as you see by my typing not to many and felt ok

But the place tonight was just ordinary which was fun but can be a touch to much both very busy and to much drink

though live entertainment is the thing in this bar and in the lounge

i actually met my old m8 by accident and he asked me you fancy coming up for to join me but i thought oh no johnny

He sais old time sakes for a song or 2..so i sais ill leave you for to do your thing for a little bit say 3 songs then ill join for a cple

which he then introduced me to the show :eek:

i thought but just let things go as it happens and really had a gd time

he is a very gd guitar player, but i never seen him for few yrs

and though and behold there he was picking away at the guitar and singing..he isnt a great singer but can put a song forward

he has played guitar for yrs..and had moved away yrs back to another part of Scotland but now is back to his roots in my area

so we have passed over our fone no's and he sais he shall call me on on Mon evening to talk about and practice a bit ..im now a touch frightened to not mess things up..he sais not to worry we shall do ok

he's always been a confident guy whereas ive not so much been such..anyhow ill let you know what happens guys.

• Members

A star is born. Stevie, can you send me your autograph before you hit the big time?! I say GO FOR IT! The worst that can happen is nothing. And, you know your drinks will be free. Whatcha got to lose?

BTW, I DO remember Vanity Fair with their "Hitchin' A Ride" and "Early In The Morning". Pretty sure PP&M also recorded "Early In The Morning".

• Members

Were I you, I'd go for it. Absolutely.

'specially if the pub owner is willing to pay for your services.

Heck, make a few bucks, have a great time and you never know what will pop up next.

Good for you!

:thu:

• Members

Well im as well to try ma best a guess, i got a call fae ma old friend and he is coming to ma house t/morrow and he sais there's nothing to worry about as he sais last night Stevie we done well..and that lucky in a way these businessmen were sitting at the far side of room at a table and just after it ended had brought seats over and told us to join them

and we were just wanting home at the time really.. but we sat down for a little chat and thats when the guy asked us to perform in the club in Edinburgh and that the band fae the 60s Vanity Fair would be also performing

Theyre not to long back fae Tenerife i heard they play at nights across Spain etc in clubs along with the likes of the Searchers (Needles And Pins) remember ?

i was young lad them days likes but remember these songs mainly fae the radio since

Anyhow pretty weird really as ive never really thought am a singer

though used to just go up to karaokee's for fun when drink was consumed

and told a wasnt a bad singer.. but i just thought they taking the p..s

as many people where i was raised seem to get a kick from such

they tend to look for mistakes in people look for the bad instead of like myself i tend to look for the good in people personally

Anyhow ma old m8 sais this seems a very gd gig and to go for it

also sais to have a cple drinks but not to much

he sais he shall only have 1 or 2 as can do without

sais he prefers not to drink really when out playing guitar which i understand totally

Anyhow see how it goes :wave:

• Members

Why would you NOT do it?

You will never know what you missed if you dont.

Worst case scenario, is you make a complete fool out of yourself, people throw rotten vegetables, you get your ass kicked in the parking lot, and the talent police come and haul you off to jail, and the club owners tell you that YOU owe THEM money for stinking up their joint so bad..

But the best thing that could happen, is you might have the best time of your life, and even if it stopped there, you will always have those memories and will be glad you went for it istead of hiding under the bed like a little bitch. You are not a little bitch are ya? No, I didnt think so, so get out there and kick their asses.

Oh yeah, a couple drinks before the set always takes any nerves I might be feeling right away, but only a couple. You want to keep your wits.

• Members

You did good in the pub, so just do the same thing. Have fun, lean on your M8 to get through the hard stuff.

Adiances are all the same. A crowd is a big dumb animal that wants to like you, that wants to have fun. Let 'em. Whether they wear overalls and drink beer from Mason jars or sip champagne from chrystal flutes in three piece suits, they're the same. Might be a better class of drunks, but nonetheless...

You'd just be sitting at home playing anyway. Dare to be great.

Archived