Is this site ever going to not run like crap ...

EdBega

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by denvertrakker

View Post

Not the same, Terry, not the same at all. Unfortunately.

You're right but only because you're retired and need to be distracted more than most. Plus, you live near Boulder so there's that. Boredom can be a killer. But, this place is burning its last set of vacuum tubes, there's no TTL available to replace it and the techs are off playing checkers in the park. Time to prepare.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pitar

View Post

You're right but only because you're retired and need to be distracted more than most. Plus, you live near Boulder so there's that. Boredom can be a killer. But, this place is burning its last set of vacuum tubes, there's no TTL available to replace it and the techs are off playing checkers in the park. Time to prepare.

Tubes?? Wow, I was thinking a germanium crystal and a cat whisker!

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Since I've rediscovered this place, I've gotten pretty annoyed with the way it runs...especially since the other forums I'm on run so much more consistent. I don't need distractions, though...not on the computer anyway. Plenty to do around here, music-wise and otherwise. It's a shame nothing can be done; I suppose that's why I gave up the last time. I'll have to investigate MV in more depth.

I don't think the techs are off playing checkers...I think they're practicing saying "You want fries with that?"rolleyes.gif

• Members

Perhaps this explanation from Mr Anderton is the reason for the slow running:

IT'S TIME FOR THE NEW PLATFORM!!!

Dear extremely patient people,

Before the end of January, Harmony Central will move its forums and content to a new platform. Frankly, we

• Members

I held my breath once for 6 minutes. I wasn't busy at the time so it gave me something to do. It was preceded by several additional breath holdings that successively expanded my capacity and endurance. I've done this exercise continuously throughout my life trying to beat my Pop's best of 8 minutes. It's come in handy a few times while hiding in a coral reef waiting for whatever predators were lurking to unlurk. It conserved my air tank. It's also useful when in temporary proximity to foul air, like driving past pig farms on Indiana highway 31. And, it's free.

I think this routine might also relate to clear lungs after 40 years of smoking before cessation. Maybe you med-arts types can give that some thought. I still do it though I now know it will take an exceedingly still heart for me to break my Pop's record.

We can use it here, too. I think we could play a game that involves volunteers. We each agree to hold our breath, in succession of each other, and mark the start and stop with a post on a reliable forum. In advance of the game the participants get to predict the time it takes Craig's prediction to bear fruit. The winner gets a prize, or something, but everyone gets better lungs.

Archived