A lillte sister for my gretsch

lottetashilama

• Members

Hi guys and girls,

I’ve owned a Grestch 5422 since I started playing. We are really happy together, and I find it much more versatile than what I expected.

I’m GASing for a new one but I’d like something really different to open some new territories.

From your experience which guitar is sonically as far as possible from my baby?

Shall I go on the tele side? Or in the SG direction? Or even a strat?!? Or any other axe?

Of course, I will go and try different guitars and choose the one I like best…

What I am interested here is opinions and feedbacks

Thanks!

• Moderators

well, let's think about this...you have an Electromatic DC [nice ax, btw]...what would be 'opposite' of that...hmmmm?

I think for tonal dis-similarity and flexibility I would go for a traditional SSS/5-way Stratocaster with a whammy bar. A Tele would be my next choice, for the quack and twang.

• Members

The Grestch 5422 is a hollow body double cut with two humbuckers and a bigsby. I think it is short scale but I don't know for sure. I also think of it as a jazz and classic blues guitar. The extreme opposite woukd be a solid body, long scale with two single coils - a tele. That would give you twang and warmth.

I have three electric guitar which I think pretty much cover the different needs - a tele style with two singles, a LP style with two PAF's and a hollow body with SD jazz pups.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":32544714}[/ATTACH]

IMG_4854.JPG.f88988d66c2884f5709c1a84ce0827b9.JPG

• Moderators

I hesitated on the SG, only because there are too many p-u variants around on too many model variations...some P90s would offer a nice counterbalance though....but that opens up a lot of options...another alternative [dang, Fender again!] would be a Jaguar or a Jazzmaster...there are also a couple of Reverend models that would also fit the bill, a Rickenbacker 620 or 360 will definitely NOT sound like your Electromatic... and if you really want to throw it all down get one of the Backlund Design models from Eastwood... :thu:

• Members

you are not too far away and all limited to your box... :)

if farthest away as possible i would suggest something with active emg pickups, some jackson, esp or charvel super strat or lp variant. if also far awa from look is allowd, why not a bc rich ordean point metal guitar? :D

btw to me this smells like a spam bot again...

but its an interesting question nevertheless

Archived