Noisey Pickups Suck

gardo

• Members
What kind of guitar? Single coil guitar I'm assuming? Have you tried noiseless pickups?

I have single coils ,humbuckers and noiseless pickups

I was really referring to another thread which states "noiseless pickups suck"

• Members

It also depends on the rest of your gear. I normally use the neck pickup with coil split and while I can hear some noise if I'm not playing and I'm close to my amp--there's more noise with the bridge pickup, presumably because of its higher impedance--but normally I don't notice.

• Members
It also depends on the rest of your gear. I normally use the neck pickup with coil split and while I can hear some noise if I'm not playing and I'm close to my amp--there's more noise with the bridge pickup' date=' presumably because of its higher impedance--but normally I don't notice.[/quote']

I have no noisey pickups

Just saying they suck in response to the other thread stating that "noiseless pickups suck"

• Members
I have no noisey pickups

Just saying they suck in response to the other thread stating that "noiseless pickups suck"

I wasn't saying you did. I read your reply to davie and I also read the thread to which you're referring. I recognized this as a parody thread. But IMHO you're right that noisy pickups would suck if the noise were sufficiently noticeable/distracting. So you were right without meaning to be.

• Members

Nosy pickups suck too. Young lady I met on the beach kept asking if I was married, checking for evidence. (kidding)

Another reason I use battery powered amps, due to line noise here in Thailand. They don't think laws of electricity apply here, things like grounding. That and fact there are no outlets at the beach.

I reckon if pickup noise bothers you, just wait. As you age your hearing will experience an "age related roll off" of high frequencies and problem solved. If you can't wait, just keep amps at 10, stand nearby whilst playing. Ask Pete Townsend if you doubt my whiz dumb.

• Members
pickups are supposed to make noise.. others might call it music' date=' but tone is in your fingers and sound is subject to taste :)[/quote']

Strictly speaking, pickups are supposed to make voltage corresponding to the motion of the strings. It's the amp that makes sound. "Noise" comes in when the pickups or some other part of the signal chain produces undesired voltage. ;)

• Members

Strictly speaking, pickups are supposed to make voltage corresponding to the motion of the strings. It's the amp that makes sound. "Noise" comes in when the pickups or some other part of the signal chain produces undesired voltage. ;)

it ever occured to you that you might be a fun killer and taking everything a little bit too serious? :)

• Members

Has it occurred to you that you're unhappy because I turned the joke back on you? Could be. ;)

yours was neither funny nor correct, cause its not the amp but the speaker which makes the noise, further more its not the speaker, but a combination of the current which moves a coil through a permanent magnetic field of the speaker magnet, while the coil is coupled with the membrane of the speaker, and that, that makes the noise :)

and please do not take it personal, its a parody thread and its main purpose is making and having fun, and i hope you enjoy it aswell :)

• Members

All these worlds are yours...

[video=youtube;pubHm_A5yhQ]

Always wondered too why Bose or somebody didn't make an inline denoiser for audio stuff. With dig it all stuff they should be able to achieve high quality silence. (?) Spatially 60 cycle which is not only static, they noe the freakinsee.

Archived