Raven's Pedalboard 3.0

RaVenCAD

• Members

Well folks, I've been tinkering again. Some of y'all might remember my pedalboard building thread. My goal then was a rig with some weird 3 amp stereo effects and stuff. Turns out what I wanted was a wet/dry/wet amp setup. I just didn't know what it was called at the time. So, here it is. This thing sounds amazing and HUGE.. The diagram speaks for itself, but I can explain it if there are any questions. Mine is actually a wet/wet/wet because I have a delay pedal on the center channel, but that's only there for when I don't run the side amps or I don't want the ping pong delay (can't imagine ever NOT wanting that, but whatever..) I need to buy a couple angled stands for the side amps. Tomorrow I'm swapping out that little purple wah for a Vox and adding a Tubescreamer in there somewhere. Guess I'll trade out the DS-1 or the SD-1.. This is the happiest I've ever been with my sound y'all. Just had to share..

732b53f1d2537f085109c6a5b7db7a80.jpg.6c621cadcb5d1e583c6477a30123da91.jpg

2a201658434cc232b345443442407f88.thumb.jpg.21c445a1d6e0a1fdc1311a7dc49bcd88.jpg

• Members
Nice looking setup.

How do you manage the volume across amps. All set about the same?

The goal of a wet/dry/wet is to have the center amp be the focus and the side amps supporting. So the H&K is louder and the others are lower, because they play the accent notes.

• Members
Demo?

Not possible I'm afraid. I can't record this setup properly. I can do it, but it comes out sounding flat because I only have one mic. Go on YouTube and look up That Pedal Show's wet/dry/wet video. That'll give you an idea of what it sounds like. Obviously mine doesn't cost $30k like theirs did, but it still sounds ok.. I need to buy a binaural recorder. That would capture it nicely.

• Members
K. Sounds very big. Floydish. How wide does your setup have to be?

The wider the better. But, as it sits, it's about 5 feet I guess. Sounds amazing even without the tweeds moved apart. The 1x15 in the Delta Blues gives it a fantastic low end punch.

The goal of a wet/dry/wet is to have the center amp be the focus and the side amps supporting. So the H&K is louder and the others are lower, because they play the accent notes.

Another way to think about it is as being somewhat like what an audio engineer does with effects return channels at the mixing board... you have the main signal on it’s own track, and the stereo aux returns on a separate fader with the effects. You control the balance of main vs effects with the relative fader levels. Same basic thing with a wet / dry / wet amp setup, except you use the volume knobs on the amps instead.

Very nice setup Raven -I’m glad you found a setup you really love! :cool2:

• Members

Another way to think about it is as being somewhat like what an audio engineer does with effects return channels at the mixing board... you have the main signal on it’s own track, and the stereo aux returns on a separate fader with the effects. You control the balance of main vs effects with the relative fader levels. Same basic thing with a wet / dry / wet amp setup, except you use the volume knobs on the amps instead.

Very nice setup Raven -I’m glad you found a setup you really love! :cool2:

I need to add a stereo volume pedal between the 2/3 delay outs and their respective amps. That way I can control their volume easily. Does a stereo volume pedal exist? Hmm...

Today I removed the AMT wah and added a Tubescreamer TS9 to the board and a Vox Wah to the floor. I wanted to get the wah off the board so I could adjust the angle to fit home I'm sitting it standing when I'm playing. Plus, that AMT is sooooooo tiny under my size 14... Good pedal, just tiny. Thinking about pulling one or more of the other drive pedals off next. Between the TS9, BD2 and SD1, I'm pretty happy. I don't see the Crayon or DS1 getting much love anymore.

Archived