Fatigueless alloy...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatigueless alloy...

...would make great strings.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Originally posted by 1001gear View Post
    ...would make great strings.
    and put the string companies out of business

Comment

Research and market rationing (automatic these days) would keep it manageable. And there's always the timbral differences to play. lol

Comment

Ah, but how about rust? Even plastic rusts here on beach in Thailand...
        I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
        Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

No wonder your guitar's a Grouch.

Comment

I think in reality the quest is on to make strings that go 'stale' in the packet. That's capitalism.
            And before you criticise my comment consider the dating and expiry "on the shelf " of inkjet cartridges.

Comment

I have D'adarios still sealed must be 20 yrs old.

Comment

No wonder your guitar's a Grouch.
                HAHA. That one is an Ibanez AF95, older one with lovely inlays, etc, not like new fangled ones. Hardware was gold plated, plating must have lasted a couple of weeks. Put in some StewMac pickups and is great... oh, and some Gretsch knobs (they corroded pretty soon too).
                Okay, response about "..strings that go 'stale' in the packet. That's capitalism." I got box of Ernie Ball slinky in nice metal container. All in supposed enviro pack to keep fresh. I should make video of opening a pack: the unwound strings ALL have rust patches. My guess is some sweat from packers somehow got 'cooked" here in Thailand. Sometimes I can sand off rust and still use, others corrosion so bad string will just snap off when trying to string guitar. Oddly have some Martin etc strings simply in paper envelopes that are just fine after year or more (strings spendy here so bring lots back with me from trip to USA)
                I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
                Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

I have D'adarios still sealed must be 20 yrs old.
                  that`s kind of hard to believe but go open them then ,ha ha.if they were 20 years old and sealed i still think they will have spoiled, i`ve opened old ones before and the thin plain strings tend to have a small corroded patch right through the string which renders them pretty useless.. like chordite says i think the string company`s mission is a one gig set of strings then you have to change them,, come to think of it some people do that anyway ha ha .i still have the same set of D'adarios on my acoustic ,must be knocking on well over a year now and it gets played all the time and they are fine ,i do use 12`s on the acoustic though and may be the reason they don`t lose intonation and i like the mellow tone of oid strings combined with a nice guitar.
                  did you know that it is illegal to call an MP or a member of the "government ","L-I-A-R " while in the house of commons ,i wonder why?.we hear opposition shout rubbish and bah ,because legally rubbish is waste and bah is something a sheep does ,neither would stand up in court .

Comment

I looked for some DOB or expiration date; nothing obvious. Anybody know how their numbers work?

Comment

Opened one and it's clean. It's been filed like record albums in a small tool box ever since.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0134.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	32525939

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0132.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	409.1 KB
ID:	32525940

Comment

you`ll be able to sell them on ebay ,"one opened pack of 20 year old D'adarios guitar strings, but you`d better hurry now,they might melt like vampires now they`ve seen the light "
                        did you know that it is illegal to call an MP or a member of the "government ","L-I-A-R " while in the house of commons ,i wonder why?.we hear opposition shout rubbish and bah ,because legally rubbish is waste and bah is something a sheep does ,neither would stand up in court .

Comment

I have 14 more unopened sets. After I strung my 2 Carvins with the 14, 18, 22s I stopped using the D'addario 11s. I should put this set on something before it rots. Practice bending or something.

Comment

going of track a bit here ,11`s feel nice for bending on my jaguar ,little bit tough on strats though , i`m actually going through a phase of not bending strings ,i find i`m more fluid when jamming, bends can be a bit of a cul de sac.once your stuck up a bend waggeling away like kossoff , love to here him play though

Comment

After 14s, 11s play like 9s. The scale won't be a problem. Speed, yes. I'm slow handed anyway. No danger of injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X