Bargain Alert! Guitar stand under a buck!

DeepEnd

• Members

Some reason the idea of putting a guitar that costs 300-1500X cost of stand makes me a tad uncomfortable. At a minimum should have some sort of restraining loop up on the neck support. I'm not a big fan of stands, as you might guess.

• Members

i have a similar modell one. it is surpising stable and even with two kids so far the guitar did not got knocked over....

but for electric guitars this stand is completely useless, works great for accoustics but it is not made or balanced for the weight and shape of electrics

• Members

I also have a similar one though including a neck strap. It's fine

I would bet that this one will be Chinese made. The gauge of tubing will tell you what you need to know. If it is thin as a bean can walk away. If it is decent tubing with foam give it a go. It is obviously a loss leader to get people they know own a guitar into the store.

• Members
i have a similar modell one. it is surpising stable and even with two kids so far the guitar did not got knocked over....

but for electric guitars this stand is completely useless, works great for accoustics but it is not made or balanced for the weight and shape of electrics

I put my vaguely Strat shaped electric on a stand every week in worship and have had no issues. No, standard stands aren't made for Explorers or Flying Vs but they'll usually accommodate most electrics.

• Members
I also have a similar one though including a neck strap. It's fine

I would bet that this one will be Chinese made. The gauge of tubing will tell you what you need to know. If it is thin as a bean can walk away. If it is decent tubing with foam give it a go. It is obviously a loss leader to get people they know own a guitar into the store.

Since most things are Chinese made that's not much of a bet. And I'd guess the gauge of the tubing is probably adequate. It probably won't support you sitting on it but it should deal with an 8 lb. guitar with no major issues. I'd buy one without hesitation if I could. My guess is that GC made a special purchase and sent a few to certain stores. As you say, a loss leader.

Archived