Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargain Alert! Guitar stand under a buck!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargain Alert! Guitar stand under a buck!

Guitar Center has guitar stands on clearance for 97¢! That's right, a brand new guitar stand for under a buck! Not all stores have them in stock (none within 100 miles of me ) but if you're near a GC it couldn't hurt to check: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gear-On...UITAR-STAND.gc.
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

First, yuck. Second that's less than the tool hanger hook I made into a stand. Third oh wait. That's it.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Nothing within 200 miles for me.
      My Music: www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=440762
      Some of my guitars: 64 or so Domino Beatle bass; 73 Ibanez 2398; 79 Epiphone Genesis; 79 Manoman; 99 Ric 330; 78 Gibson L6S; 95 Ibanez JS-700; 04 Samick Lasalle JZ3: 05 Ibanez AS73; 81 Paul Custom, 07 Gary Kramer Simulator T and about 50 others.

Comment

none near me either

Comment

Some reason the idea of putting a guitar that costs 300-1500X cost of stand makes me a tad uncomfortable. At a minimum should have some sort of restraining loop up on the neck support. I'm not a big fan of stands, as you might guess.
          I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
          Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

i have a similar modell one. it is surpising stable and even with two kids so far the guitar did not got knocked over....

but for electric guitars this stand is completely useless, works great for accoustics but it is not made or balanced for the weight and shape of electrics

Comment

I also have a similar one though including a neck strap. It's fine
              I would bet that this one will be Chinese made. The gauge of tubing will tell you what you need to know. If it is thin as a bean can walk away. If it is decent tubing with foam give it a go. It is obviously a loss leader to get people they know own a guitar into the store.

Comment

In-store only...

Great price though.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by t_e_l_e View Post
                  i have a similar modell one. it is surpising stable and even with two kids so far the guitar did not got knocked over....

but for electric guitars this stand is completely useless, works great for accoustics but it is not made or balanced for the weight and shape of electrics
                  I put my vaguely Strat shaped electric on a stand every week in worship and have had no issues. No, standard stands aren't made for Explorers or Flying Vs but they'll usually accommodate most electrics.

Comment

Originally posted by Chordite View Post
                    I also have a similar one though including a neck strap. It's fine
                    I would bet that this one will be Chinese made. The gauge of tubing will tell you what you need to know. If it is thin as a bean can walk away. If it is decent tubing with foam give it a go. It is obviously a loss leader to get people they know own a guitar into the store.
                    Since most things are Chinese made that's not much of a bet. And I'd guess the gauge of the tubing is probably adequate. It probably won't support you sitting on it but it should deal with an 8 lb. guitar with no major issues. I'd buy one without hesitation if I could. My guess is that GC made a special purchase and sent a few to certain stores. As you say, a loss leader.

Comment

Working...
                    X