Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 1 guitar would you get if you had any choice?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 1 guitar would you get if you had any choice?

A friend of mine has a 1984 Ibanez Destroyer and he won`t sell it to me for nothing. They are going for like 3k(triple humbuckers, etc.) The old Phil Collen one. Watching those Def Leppard videos as a kid, it looked a lot like my uncles Iceman, but cooler. I still want one. It`s the "you have enough guitars, and that is not worth 3k" argument. It is to me.

Originally posted by redEL34 View Post
    A friend of mine has a 1984 Ibanez Destroyer and he won`t sell it to me for nothing. They are going for like 3k(triple humbuckers, etc.) The old Phil Collen one. Watching those Def Leppard videos as a kid, it looked a lot like my uncles Iceman, but cooler. I still want one. It`s the "you have enough guitars, and that is not worth 3k" argument. It is to me.
    I have a set-neck Iceman IC 100 from '76 I'll sell you. Even have BK Painkillers.

Comment

Gibson ES 345.
      Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nedezero1 View Post

I have a set-neck Iceman IC 100 from '76 I'll sell you. Even have BK Painkillers.
        REALLY nice guitar, but I need the Destroyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
          Gibson ES 345.
          Wow, yeah, that`s pricey.

Comment

Already have it.
            - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Comment

I have always wanted this one !! ( :

__________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
              "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
              We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
                Already have it.
                Well..?

Comment

Originally posted by sirfun View Post
                  I have always wanted this one !! ( :

That`s not a guitar..)

Comment

Wait... is this the "if you could only have one" guitar, or "what would be your next" guitar?

Only one guitar? Probably a Parker Fly.

Next guitar? Interested in the Music Man St. Vincent with 3 mini humbuckers. I remember those EBMM necks feeling fat and frets feeling short, however. But I haven't played one in like 15 years.

Flag a Post
                    The Report has been sent.
                    [OK]

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven View Post
                      Wait... is this the "if you could only have one" guitar, or "what would be your next" guitar?

Only one guitar? Probably a Parker Fly.

Next guitar? Interested in the Music Man St. Vincent with 3 mini humbuckers. I remember those EBMM necks feeling fat and frets feeling short, however. But I haven't played one in like 15 years.
                      I`ve used a parker Fly. Nice guitar, but not heavy enough for me. I need the weight, or what`s that The Band song..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by redEL34 View Post
                          I`ve used a parker Fly. Nice guitar, but not heavy enough for me. I need the weight, or what`s that The Band song..
                          I move around a lot when performing. Nice to have a light guitar.

I've ripped the strap button screws from Ibanez guitars with the pointy horns. I had to glue in hardwood dowels and use 2" stainless screws.

Flag a Post
                          The Report has been sent.
                          [OK]

Comment

For a while, I’ve been gassing for a 22-fret American deluxe Strat, from the period when deluxes came with strap locks and locking tuners <—both are key. I know I want a maple neck and either Olympic white or sunburst.

The real question is: do I want a bridge humbucker or not? A bridge single coil doesn’t have the world’s most useful sound. But it’s key for getting authentic squawky sounds when combined w middle or neck. Some of life’s questions are just too difficult.
                            My band!:
                            www.steelphantoms.com/
                            my stage stuff:
                            fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by willhaven View Post
                              I move around a lot when performing. Nice to have a light guitar.

I've ripped the strap button screws from Ibanez guitars with the pointy horns. I had to glue in hardwood dowels and use 2" stainless screws.
                              Great for that. When I was on Ozzfest another guitar player insisted I try his instead of my heavy clunky Gibson. Yeah, it felt and played great. I just missed the sound of my guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X