Hard case for ESP LTD Xtone PS-1000

DmitrySM1

• Members

Hi

Does anybody own Esp Ltd Xtone? Could you please advise me its body thickness? I need to understand will Gator GW-JAG hard case fit it. If someone could advise me another suitable Gator hard case I would really appreciate it.

• Members

I did. They redirected me me to the russian distributors. Useless. They are idiots)

ESP Customer Service advised me dimensions of the guitar, except thickness. Following to them I've chosen Gator GW-JAG. They said this case seems appropriate for Xtone, but they do not test aftermarket cases, so they cannot guarantee a perfect fit. So the only question is whether or not it will close.

• Members

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Gator1.jpg","data-attachmentid":32508712}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Screenshot-2019-4-20 Gator Deluxe Wood Case - Offset-body Electric Guitar.png","data-attachmentid":32508713}[/ATTACH]

Looks like you'd have more issues with a loose fit.

• Members

None of the highlighted cases fit . WTF? Anyway the first choice looks to be an easy fit. You could add padding if you gig a lot although I suspect the padding on the cover should hold the guitar in place. If it were my purchase, I'd get the case and if the lid should somehow not accommodate the guitar, cut out the padding and use a separate cushion.

• Members

Dmitry, is the GW-JAG case intended for a Fender Jaguar? If so I would worry about it - Jags and Mustangs are slab bodied guitars that are usually 1-3/4 inches (45 mm) thick in both the center and outside. Also I'm pretty sure Jaguars are 24 inch scale length which makes the overall length shorter than a 25.5 scale guitar.

However, even with the short scale, the Jag-Stangs that I have worked on are a very tight fit in a standard Fender strat case.

• Members
Dmitry, is the GW-JAG case intended for a Fender Jaguar? If so I would worry about it - Jags and Mustangs are slab bodied guitars that are usually 1-3/4 inches (45 mm) thick in both the center and outside. Also I'm pretty sure Jaguars are 24 inch scale length which makes the overall length shorter than a 25.5 scale guitar.

However, even with the short scale, the Jag-Stangs that I have worked on are a very tight fit in a standard Fender strat case.

Yes, it is intended for a Fender jaguar. Dimensions seem suitable for xtone, but I want to be sure

• Members

Yes, it is intended for a Fender jaguar. Dimensions seem suitable for xtone, but I want to be sure

I've worked on a couple of JagStangs and the owner carries one of them in a Fender strat case but its a very tight fit lengthwise. The guitars look like this, so you can see that they are not the carved arched tops of your ESP. However 1001gear's dimensions seem to indicate that the case would be actually be a loose fit.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":32509691}[/ATTACH]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived